• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

Trailcams have really aided my search, I used to think they shed way earlier than they did, just figured I missed them, so some guys you might be in an area where March is primetime like I am, early thaws stink because the bucks have barely started shedding, bucks disperse, use your t-cam to the fullest. It is not out of the norm for us to see racks yet in very late March/early April not clear as to the why but areas vary a lot and I used to blame not finding any as bad luck, little did I know prior to Valentine's day was a waste of effort, the T-cam has been very valuable.

Good point Musky! I'm finding that all areas drop at completely different times. 20 miles from where I'm at I hear guys saying that full headgear is common well into March and I start in Jan. Trail cams will help a TON so you're not wasting time and not spooking everything from their area too!

No deer horns here yet, but my buddy has found 4 sheds and one nice 9 pt. skull. I did get out for some shed hunting though and got my first moose sheds. Although they dont look like it they are a match set. Saw him before I went to get his sheds...

2010-12-19145651.jpg

2010-12-19145830.jpg

2010-12-19151546.jpg

Just to the left of the brush you can see the tines sticking up if you look close.

2010-12-19151730.jpg

2010-12-19152441.jpg

Awesome job TonkaBass! By the looks of the terrain I'm guessing Northwestern MN for the paddles? I have not been out shed hunting yet, but got my first picture on the deer cam with one side missing(Polk Cty, WI) Have you seen a lot of bucks around the metro dropped yet? Once bow season ends in WI, I will be going full bore!