• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I fished Lake Eau Claire by the island near the lower boat landing after the last heavy snowfall. Rough walking then but the warm weather should have taken care of a lot of the snow. Not much action by myself or two other fishermen. Better days to come.

Don - welcome to Hot Spot Outdoors! I heard they were getting crappies by the island earlier this year, no recent reports.

I caught a few gill on Half Moon last Fri and then Sat was pathetic. They were driving out there and Wissota and Altoona. I'm not advocating it but by this weekend I would guess we'll have safe driving ice most places. Watch the village of Lake Altoona grow now!

Going out on Wissota this weekend for the first time this ice season, like you said Cooter sounds pretty slow all over. Going to check out a few different spots.

I heard some guys were out driving on the the Big and Little Lake. I am 50/50 if I will take my truck out there this weekend, but man it is a long drag with my shack from a friends house on the little lake.

Ya Cooter I'm still here lol. Only fished Half Moon once so far and wasn't sure about driving and made a hell of a walk by myself and only ended up with 1 nice crappie. Will be driving next time I go there. Traffic is heavy on Altoona and the village is definitely growing. I've hit Altoona twice in the last couple days. Not much doing... Yesterday we set up over by the dam and we missed a couple and landed a nice perch on a crappie minnow. Had some play with a shiners but no commitment. It's safe to drive (12+ inches of ice) except for one spot between the dock and the dam. We hit a soft spot there and went back and looked and felt really lucky after seein what we drove thru. Thinkin about tryin Little Wissota tomorrow. I'll see what the lake traffic looks like before drivin out there for sure. My buddy really wants to catch a walleye and there seems to be the best local chance...

Went to the view on wissota for a burger and a beer, looking out at all of the shacks. I plan to take my portable out there this weekend and I was wondering, How come you see so few shacks out on the main lake specifically by the island across from ray's beach and the lafeyette landing. Seems like that structure in a huge deep water basin near a small current would be a great spot late season

DaRange - I dont know anyone that fishes there in winter , might be worth spending some time there. If the fish are there you would have it to yourself!

Otherwise around here I havent heard anything good report wise, just up at Chetek and Im sure vman is on top of that.

Unless its tight lipped panfish are hit and miss around here but tipup fishing for bass and northern is good overall. I would still classify as 'early' ice and despite reports get out! Not much of a report but locally its time to get out now rather than be too late on a 'hot' bite.