• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

Had a great trip to Massachusetts today with famdamily and we left just as that noreaster was starting to wind up. We had to cut our visit short because of the weather but had a great time at my Mom and Dads. Fishing with an old friend and my Marine tomorrow. Want to thank Kyle for letting Tyler use his LX-5, thanks partner. Will be in a bay off Oneida digging in to hopefully some nice big sunnies and an occasional crappie and maybe shoot for some eyes later in the week before he leaves on the 1st back to Cali and then deployment. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present when Tyler arrived Christmas eve. If you want to see a grown man go instantly to tears check out my facebook page. Here is a pic of 6'4" and 185 lbs and part of the greatest fightin force known to man a United States Marine. Hoorah!

Yes he had to scoot down to get in the pic but Mom and I are so happy he's home!

Christmas eve surprise and you can't see me but their were many tears of joy!

dsc02715d.jpg

Rosa, Tyler and I

dsc02746h.jpg

Holy sssssshhhiippp your tall, Wow!

dsc02716j.jpg

All the kids well.... they use to be kids, lol

dsc02751r.jpg

Tyler with Cecelia my grandaughter..

dsc02737q.jpg

Yep it was nice to have everyone here for the holidays! I am a happy Daddy and Grampa...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AW, I knew if I threw in enough posts it would bring you out of your lurker spot!! Not a bad idea on catching up on posts though!! Back from my Delaware Christmas trip and yes I am getting old . . . third Granddaughter born midnight the 27th . . .the other two wore me out. Now to lose 10 pounds and get fishing!

The Big O continues to be very good to us. wink Fished yesterday with a bunch of buddies. After spending the first few hours dealing with many non-biters, the eyes finally became a little more active. Jigging raps produced the most fish and most everyone in my group were limited or at least had two. I landed my first two real eyes (no pin pike) of the year, both males and each at 18.5". Somehow I managed to hook and loose 5 others - don't know how they free themselves of the jigging rap but they did. Two I hit the front or back hook on the ice but the others just came off. Also managed 5 nice yellows and 8 good sized silvers or white perch. Fished 22'. Sorry about the picture, my friend Glen is obviously a better fisherman than a cameraman.

ice1229.jpg

AW it's all for freedom, us guys in DoD. LOL Hey and we also will not get a pay raise for two years. How's that for a sacrifice. Time to go fishing!!!

Good job Dave . . .I figured you guys were just trying to add some realism to the pics or hide the spot!!

Thanks guys, its been pretty good after a slow start. Mother Nature has been awful good to us making ice conditions great and walking couldn't be any better. Hope to venture out tomorrow.

Nice job Dave!!!

Tank, Billy, and I fished most of the day today, plus AW stopped by before work to rip a few!

The fish were "off" all morning then about noonish they were "on" bigtime... cool

Lots of fish with a nice average size to the gills, many 9+er's...

full-1130-4648-002.jpg

full-1130-4649-005.jpg

Lots of diff jigs worked today, the mood of the fish changed numerous times throughout the day...

full-1130-4650-012.jpg

Nice fish t all those that have been out and shared their adventure. Im hopein to be out Sunday. Have a lot to do between now and then but Im tryin. Cant wait to get out and fish with you guys again!

I know its short notice but we are having a small gathering tonight here at the house for new yrs. Food is on between 630-700 then we will let the night play out as usual. If anyone is interested give us a call and ill share the details.

My cell is still out so call the house phone. 875-5426.

Have a safe and happy new year everybody.

Cali

Cloud - some awesome fish and some awesome pics. Don't know what kind of camera you use, but your pictures are always terrific.

Big O report - was really the Big O today as in zerO. I didn't fish very long, lost a good eye and that was that. Only 2 silvers afterwards. Except for a few good perch, no one in our group had any eyes when I left. Yesterday, same place, same lures, same guys - they did very well. Perhaps the fact that a small city was out there may have spooked the fish.

Anyways hope everyone has a good New Years Eve and a terrific 2011.

Tim,

I have had the same trouble with my transducer of the LX-5 sticking in the well. Today it would not come out, so I used your bracket, screw method and it came out, but now the ducer has a mark that is "in" the bottom. It is a circle the same size as the screw.. Did I just ruin a Transducer, or is it ok?? Man, I had no issues with it last year and no problems with the VX-1. I would hope I would not have to buy a new transducer on a $500 unit after one year...I can give my e-mail address if you want.

Thanks

Started off the New Year on a high note. My friend Glen talked me into venturing out since it was his last day here in New York before returning to Minnesota. I sure am glad he did. I left the ice with 6 good ones including an all time best (documented) of a little over 14". Glen had 5 good ones also. Don't know if the picture does her justice but my 14+ was a brute. Wanted to return her to the water but the air bladder was in the back of her mouth and she seemed to be bleeding from the gills so I reluctantly kept her. Oh, by the way, she hit a lure TipUp Timmy turned me onto - a rainbow color forage minnow wink. Thanks Tim!

ice111.jpg

My friend Glen with a nice one.

ice112.jpg

Very impressive Dave that is one heck of a fish. Hey I know that guy pictured he's the one who yelled at me for fishing to close to him about 10 yrs ago around late ice on the north end of the new dinkville lake. smile

Very impressive Dave that is one heck of a fish. Hey I know that guy pictured he's the one who yelled at me for fishing to close to him about 10 yrs ago around late ice on the north end of the new dinkville lake. smile

Thats the pot calling the kettle black... ol Glen was pretty good at "close" drilling back in the day... whistle

Nice fish Dave!

You mentioned about the pictures. All my picts the last 3-4 years were taken with an Olympus 850SW(shockproof waterproof). It is a relativly inexpensive camera that can be found for under 3bills. I like it because of being waterproof and its size. It is about the size of a deck of cards.

The biggest thing I learned about cameras is to learn all the features, setting, and options. Sure it takes nice photos on the "auto" setting but the ones that really shine are useing other settings...

Thats funny Fishing King, Glenn drilled holes so close to me one time that I asked him if he wanted the one in my tent.

Guess its time been out 20 times so far this season. Timed fished have ranged from 30 minutes to around 7 or 8 hours. Jay the hexi fly has really been producing well this year at a few select places smile Timmy would be proud seeing me pull in some hogs on a hexi smile

DSC09011.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

DSC09022.jpg

Xmas morning

DSC09028.jpg

1st 10" of the year on a hexi whistle

DSC09112.jpg

Hexi

DSC09103.jpg

Hexi

DSC09104.jpg

Hexi