• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fishingking

New York Ice fishing Reports

OK Guys I know I have been a weekend angler for the most part since starting the new job and quite frankly it sucks but hey the cash is comin in.. wink Jay thanks for the video that was frickin awesome! Here is what I know for the mini event Sunday on Oneida. Bud and Tyler are coming up to fish the big O and all are welcome to attend. We will be meeting at Marion Manor at 0630 a.m. to pick up some small fatheads for a east end trip on Oneida for some walleyes. Right now, Kyle, Frank and Freddy and his Dad and a one or two of their friends will be fishing, and I say the more the merrier. Probably heading out of Edgewater as it goes right now. The target is walleyes but will take a few perch along the way too. If your interested in joining the crew will be meeting at Marion Manor at 6:30 a.m. I f you can't make it that early call the cell and will give you a whereabouts of where will be on the lake. Hopefully will see a few more folks for Sunday.. Can't wait!

OK Guys I know I have been a weekend angler for the most part since starting the new job and quite frankly it sucks but hey the cash is comin in.. wink Jay thanks for the video that was frickin awesome! Here is what I know for the mini event Sunday on Oneida. Bud and Tyler are coming up to fish the big O and all are welcome to attend. We will be meeting at Marion Manor at 0630 a.m. to pick up some small fatheads for a east end trip on Oneida for some walleyes. Right now, Kyle, Frank and Freddy and his Dad and a one or two of their friends will be fishing, and I say the more the merrier. Probably heading out of Edgewater as it goes right now. The target is walleyes but will take a few perch along the way too. If your interested in joining the crew will be meeting at Marion Manor at 6:30 a.m. I f you can't make it that early call the cell and will give you a whereabouts of where will be on the lake. Hopefully will see a few more folks for Sunday.. Can't wait!

That area has been pounded! And there will be a few hundred there on sat...

I'd recomend walking a long way west. And if TimmyToe says 21 ft... Keep walking till 26. cool

Yeah well 26' was pretty slow this a.m. 3 guys, two walleyes and 13 perch and not marking much of anything after 11 a.m. There was a bunch of guys lined up in 18' off of Edgewater and they weren't moving cool

DC...Nice video and it did pull me out of the woodwork!!!

I concour with DC about Edgewater...reports are modest at best and it will look like the Carrier Dome out there!!! Minus the Canadians!!!

AW

This site is missing Todd's Weather Condition Thread!!!

I wish him well and to get back in the Loop soon!!!

AW

I have noticed that all the fish that I have caught on Oneida this year have been more shallow than I can remember, even before the Zebra Mussel invasion. Pulling up off colored water out of the holes with the auger as well???

Or maybe, I am just used to pure Madison County water...lol

AW

Good to see AW around but I think the crawlin crud and dayquill/nyquill has put him over the edge...

TimmyToe - good luck on the east-end strokefest...

Well a little late on the report and I apologize. On Sunday we had a small group that went off the east end of Oneida for Waldos. Fishingking, Franky, Kyle, Jimmy, Tyler, Bud and myself.. We marked a lot of fish early in the a.m. but it wasn't til 10 a.m. til we started putting a few on the board. Fished til 1:50 p.m. and I had caught two, Tyler had two and Bud missed two at the hole. I think everyone changed lures multiple times to figure out what they wanted. I want to Thank Tyler and Bud for making the haul up from Averill Park it was great seeing you. Good time with a few of the gang. Fighting a bad cold here but hopefully I can kick it by the weekend.

DSC03122.jpg

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time on Sunday and that you iced a few. Sorry that I was unable to join the festivities. Managed to get out this morning. Fished the Oneida Alps but we were limited in our ability to search by a pretty nasty pressure crack. Did pretty good considering our inability to move very far.

ice215.jpg

Way to go pman glad to see someone from this site is getting some fish out of Oneida.

Thanks Tank - some season isn't it? Not quite what we were looking forward to when we shared some good stories at the ice expo back in December. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Went out yesterday down here. Ice is getting thin. Not sure how much longer we can go. From 7 in a few weeks ago down to 3 3/4 now and not good ice. I cleaned up 2 large crappie,8 large gills and 12 large perch from yesterday. Be carefull guys.

Nice outing Tank, you're spot on about the ice. We don't have the quantity or quality of ice this year and it will go real fast. Heard two guys went in off Lewis Point on Sat. Thankfully, they got out; their snowmobile didn't. Don't know if this was true or not but there were a lot of people out Sat and a lot of machines. Spooky enough to be walking on that stuff let alone driving a heavy machine on it. Hoping to get out today for a little while.

Fished south today with Billy at a high elevation lake. Ice was in good shape 8-9 inches. Worked over a bunch of crappies. Here is my haul. You can keep bass down there.

full-13206-17864-001.jpg

Good advice King, nice craps Tank.

Here is what the ice looked like yesterday at around 2:00 at Jewel. One pic is looking to the northwest at Godfreys the other is eastward towards Colemans and Edgewater. Ice is looking pretty bad and to make it even worse we saw one of these swell things as shown in the gashole pic.

Big change in the ice in a little over a week as shown in Timmy's picture above.

godfreys.jpg

colemans.jpg

gashole2.jpg

A few more

Lake Chub

DSC03087.jpg

1 man 2 hours jigging

DSC03094.jpg

Afternoon catch

DSC03100.jpg

14.75" released (not the greatest pictures)

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

Probably the same gas hole Dave ran into?

DSC03121.jpg

Beautiful fish King. Glad to see that big breeder returned. Not sure if that gashole was the same one that I saw at Jewel, but, Timmy once told me all gasholes look alike laugh.

Gonna try to make a trip to dinkville on Thurs or Fri. Give me a shout if you are going to be out on either day.

Thanks Dave but that perch is not from the lake you think its from smile I don't know where I will be on Thursday or Friday but if you are heading down give me a ring I just might show up. The bite has been best first 2 and last 2 hours.

Been hitting a few rockies here and there this year but this is by far the biggest one of the 2011/2012 icefishing season. 12.5"

DSC03173.jpg