• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

Dark Cloud - I know I saw it. winklaugh I will be getting to Oneida tomorrow a.m. after work and breakfast. Hopefully parking will still be available Lakeshore Rd. Fishing with Freddy. Call me if your heading that way tomorrow. No phone calls after 6 p.m. tonight if you expect me to respond gotta work at 11:30 p.m. Good luck fishing this weekend.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fish Jay and Tank. Timmy sucks to have to work, but the alternative is not fun either. Might fish the Big O tomorrow, won't know until later. If we make it out, I'll give you a buzz.

Fished thurs - wind was tough, lots of dinks but some good ones mixed in. Ended up with 24 all 9" and up.

ice1182.jpg

ice1181.jpg

ice1183.jpg

Tank - will do, maybe we can get together next week sometime and maybe meet up with King, really confuse the hell out of those perch. Lake is in excellent shape with good ice and real easy walking. Finding those jumbos may not be as easy but a lot of fun trying.

I guess I am not going to Oneida as planned, good luck Tim and Freddy.

Hitting Oneida in the a.m. looking for perch.. Nothing much off Edgewater, yesterday, fished 21' and caught a 16" eye and a perch. Marked only eight or 9 fish from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. I may have dozed off for about an hour in my trap I think laugh

downsizeh.jpg

Dave - We have plenty of time to hit it. OT is good when you can rack $32.60 an hour, sweet! wink

TimmyToe - You must have been sleeping out there the whole time? I know some guys that put up big numbers on the eyes on sat... whistle

Tank and I had a nice morning on our south crappie lake.

-2 when we got there...

full-1130-16675-003.jpg

Lovin the Stealth quiverstick... cool

full-1130-16676-011.jpg

Tank took a spin on the LX7 today... cool

full-1130-16677-017.jpg

full-1130-16678-018.jpg

full-1130-16679-020.jpg

I ended up with the big fish of the day at 13.5

full-1130-16681-024.jpg

This afternoon Beth got the itch to catch a few fish so we headed up the neighbors pond. She wacked a couple bass and some pig gills...

full-1130-16682-029.jpg

full-1130-16683-030.jpg

full-1130-16684-031.jpg

Some nice fish once again guys. Timmy not too bad when you're fishing with you eyes closed grin. Fished with my usual Oneida buddies out of SB yesterday. Just about everyone limited - took some time and work but results were excellent.

My first Oneida ice eye of the year

ice122.jpg

Great pics guys, keep em comin! Fished with Zecca and Tim today at Oneida. we marked more than we caught as usual. Rob had one eye when I left a nd lost a couple, I had one eye and a perch and Tim caught two eyes. walleyes were acting weird, they just didn't want to work for it or we just couldn't get a good system going. Marked well over 25 fish and we had minnows, spikes and every fish we caught was on something different so we could'nt pattern them either. We fished off th east end of Oneida in 20 - 24' and the ice is still a good 6" black and it was raining when I left also very little snow is left on the lake. Here's a couple that fell to the knacker, between naps laugh

19"er

downsizex.jpg

13"er

0123120852.jpg

Tank - will do, maybe we can get together next week sometime and maybe meet up with King, really confuse the hell out of those perch. Lake is in excellent shape with good ice and real easy walking. Finding those jumbos may not be as easy but a lot of fun trying.

I guess I am not going to Oneida as planned, good luck Tim and Freddy.

Let me know

King - I don't think I can realistically get out until Friday, have a doctor's appointment and some other unpleasant stuff to do. If you want to try Friday let me/us know.

Dads hitting the ice tomorrow in the am i myself won't be able to hit the ice until the weekend but i will let everyone knows what dad catches on the big O. Hopefully Timmy you won't have to work the weekend!! Bout 1.5 inches of water on the ice today temp suppose to drop in the 20s tonight it should freeze up pretty nice for good walking. Hopefully enough ice to bring out the sleds this weekend. smile

Done with walleyes, got that out of my system. tired Freddy, hopefully I wont have to work Friday a.m., plan on testing the LX-7 out in some heavy weeds with Kyle. Probably have to go to a wake Saturday for a long time Men's Fastpitch Softball coach that passed away yesterday and also try to find time to ride up and see Jay at the Expo sometime between Friday and Sunday crazy

Yep a blown power steering line went on my van the other day on my way to oneida, all fixed and ready to roll. smile

Timmy that's a pretty full plate you've got going. Was hoping to meet up with King and others on Fri but the forecast looks pretty lousy with am rain and wind. May still be do-able but don't know if I can get out much before the afternoon.

Whole weekend looks kinda iffy with possible high winds for the weekend. Don't want to sound like a wimp but I've gone for a few rides in my shelter and had some unpleasant falls during glare ice/high wind conditions. At my age doesn't make sense to take a chance on getting hurt and missing out on the entire ice season just trying to get out for one day.

I agree Pman, dont like the wind. I have a vivid memory of Tank and I huddled behind the snowmobile out there counting shacks blowing down the lake... You should head out to the Expo at the fairground fri, sat, or sunday...

I was chattin with Lee this morning and we came up with an idea for an Old School Panfish Pirate Tourney... whistle

Time to seperate the pretty girls from the men... grin

Rules:

1. no electronics

2. 6 jigs

3. 1 rod but must hand-line fish

4. 1 6 gallon pail

5. fish stained Refrigiwear or camo clothing only

6. must pass the Gay Bay evil glare test

More rules to follow...

You guys are brutal grin. You've got the rules down pretty good.

Hunkering down behind snowmobiles brings back some memories. I vividly recall the morning I was pulling my shanty out of Godfreys with my 1969 Ski-Doo Olympique when A gentle breeze caused me to "fishtail" and threw me off the sled. Must have slid on the smooth ice for at least 10 yards and a first down.

Forgot all about the expo at the Fairgrounds, will try to stop by and say hello. Had a good time at the ice expo at Gander.

Nice...I'm in...I can wear the hat my Lab, Esau, threw up on!!!

I also have a pair of of Old School Carhartts that I use to change my oil in!!!

I know the Pirates spray WD40 on their jigs...Right Lee?

AW

Lee and I will have to have a conference to determin if Carhartts are acceptible.

I have seen some on the ice that looked like they changed thier oil in em, but it was just 12 years of fish slime...

Hey everybody. Hope the last few months have treated everyone well. Been real busy round here. Tryin to pay the bills and keep the family fed has taken presidence over all things fun lately but finally got out on the ice last Sunday over at Tusc. Fished off of Funk with a buddy Thru 3-5" of good black with a little white on top. Managed 6 Big perch and a bunch of throw backs with a surprise 18" eye for momma and the kid to munch on. Lookin to get out Tmro for another bit of peace and quiet.

Cali

Congrats CNY Freddy, real nice outing. Did you fish out of Edgewater, I had a couple of buds that had similar success on waldos and big perch out of Edgewater yesterday. They also said that they saw no one off the North shore past North Bay. I guess the Jewel area is "off limits" due to poor ice and/or bad shoreline.

Been out a few times mainly hitting different lakes each trip. Been doing real good on the panfish. A few pics for your enjoyment.

Estimated 4-4.5 lbs

DSC030988.jpg

Spent 4 days in Maine fishing this year for Salmon, Splake & Crappies.

DSC03073.jpg

One of many Channel cats.

DSC03030.jpg

37" Pike estimated 11-12lbs

DSC03050.jpg

13.5" released

DSC030433.jpg

Some pretty impressive specimens FK. Glad to see that 13.5 went back. I did the same with the only really large perch I caught my last time out. Hopefully, if more people do that, the fishery may come back close to old levels.