• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin to get out this weekend. Im really hopin to find some perch. Freezer is bare and I cant seem to land on a decent catch this year. Looked at my journal from last year and noticed that this time last year I had logged 37 trips out on the ice compared to 12 as of today cry. things need to change. Gotta try some different areas I guess..

Hi Tank,

I'm fishing (not as much as I like to) but most of the time it's been pre-fishing for tourneys. I'm actually excited to go out this weekend and fish, I'm thinking about trying some new area's on Oneida for some pan fish.

Still getting out everyday just not much time to post smile Snowing like crazy here the forecast was for 9". We already have that plus more. 4-5" last night and another 4-5" already today.

Anyways a few from the past three weeks for your enjoyment.

Eaters

DSC09237.jpg

DSC09234.jpg

Monster Pickerel

DSC09227.jpg

What Timmy missed that day on Oneida guess it was worth the two mile walk one way??

DSC09244.jpg

Wouldnt be crappie fishing without catching a huge Bullhead (15")

DSC09218.jpg

This has to be the biggest train I've been a part of

DSC09246.jpg

7-8lbs

DSC09250.jpg

5-5.5lbs

DSC09252.jpg

5.6lbs ended up keeping this one

DSC09253.jpg

13.6lbs and 30.5" didn't catch it though One of the guys in our group did

DSC09254.jpg

King - how the hell did you figure out how to use photoshop to transform that big old, nasty carp into that big old, nice walleye smilesmile. That is one big sow. Glad to see that you been out and up to your old tricks. As usual, nice fish and nice pics.

Been getting out on Oneida every now and then. Perch bite has not been consistent for us but we do manage to bring some nice ones home. Fished for eyes out in front of Sylvan Beach on Weds, only marked 3 fish all morning none of which bit. Between 5 of us one guy had 2 walleyes and another had one walleye - pretty rough day. Bitter cold temps, full sun and blue sky - not exactly good walleye conditions.

Got out on Oneida again today. fished larkin via private access. Marked very few fish and caught even less. Ended the morning with 2 eyes at about 10" each and 1 perch at about 3". Probly headin to erieville in the am..

Fished Erieville today. was on fish right from the git go. lots of small ones and a few dandy perch. threw everything but the kitchen sink at em but the tip ups took the bigger fish. 2 big females 13 and a touch smaller and a male just shy of the smaller feather wise too.emale. kinda tough walkin out there with 8-12" of packy snow to trudge thru. Was a nice day w

Tank, Billy, and myself headed south this morning to try a new lake we recently got access on. We had high hopes but were let down by tons of small perch!

About noon we bailed and hit our crappie lake. We poked around for most of the afternoon and caught about 2 dozen each...

full-1130-6382-007.jpg

The most comfortable hat ever...

full-1130-6383-003.jpg

Picked up a few while heating up some stew...

full-1130-6384-001.jpg

Looks like we are done, killed the sunfish on Sat and Sunday. Knew the shore was bad on Sunday and was able to get on without going in but knew better coming off so I packed light and brought the life vest. Sure enough I took a swim...... The jet sled did good for I balanced everything and strapped everything good, I even brought a big zip lock, grocery bags and tape to cover up the Marcum. LOL

I am done also. One of the best ice fishing seasons ever. The freezer is full and my hands are sore from taking fish off the hook and cleaning them.There is still some good ice down this way but I have had enough.Looking forward to doing some trout stream fishing in a couple of weeks.

Was on that private lake in Windsor yesterday. Spanked the jumbo perch, threw back all the fat females and kept a few males for the pan. Might get one last day in this weekend then call it a season. See you all next winter!!

Still getting it done here smile Tomorrow (Saturday 4/2) will be my last day on the ice (chasing Crappie) as I will be leaving for the rest of the month on Sunday morning Still 2-3 more weeks of ice left between a few more days around here and another 2-3 weeks in the north country (still 30-40" up there as of last week before the cold snap). Might be able to icefish in New York when I get back on May 1st hahaha

A few pics we took from March Enjoy and see you all on the ice in 7-8 months smile

7.3lbs

3.jpg

6.8lbs

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

23"

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last day of walleye.... buddies first through the ice

12.jpg

King - Hey buddy nice collage of fish as usual! Looking forward to winter ice season 2011 and a come back, missed you guys and the companionship of our group. Fingers crossed and a tank refueled I will be hard chargin back to the water and ice I missed while going through this 4 month funk. I appreciate the continued support of our NY site and a special thanks to you guys for keeping it in your hearts as a place to call home. This feeling of uncertainty in a market not conclusive for employment has been depressing to say the least. Even when on the ice it consumed me. Freddy and I know what a couple of you guys have experienced and I can tell you unemployment sucks! I want to congratulate you guys on a great season fishing on the ice and look forward to being back in the mix later this year with a clear head and the passion to get back to Timmy! Thanks to my friends for your support and good wishes it has meant alot to me.

I live on South Bay Oneida Lake and just came back from my dock with Chloe (my Dog). She was able to walk out about 25ft to leash end on the ice. Looks like it goes out a couple hundred yds, finally Oneida has ice on her that may stay. Temp here now is a balmy 9 degrees.