• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

your thoughts on Suffix ice line for panfish...

CALVINIST

I used to use the Gamma Ice, but that's gone now, P-line I haven't found in the major retail stores, so I thought of trying the mono Suffix ice line they have out this year and want to know if anyone has tried it or have heard any reports on it's performance.

I have never used color line for ice fishing either, but they offer it in orange, just want your thoughts on colored ice lines in general too.

I don't like colored lines. Why? I guess I would think they are more visible.

I'm on my last spool of 4lb Gamma Ice. I've got a rod spooled with Suffix and P-Line. I guess I'll be figuring out a new line by the end of winter.

All three are copolymers (at least Suffix sounds like it is). All three advertise as being the best as far as line memory and resisting freeze up goes.

I have used Suffix and other lines and they all work, I do like the colored line.

I also have used red, blue's and clear colors. Some show up better in the water.

If you run a camera you can see all fishing lines show up under water no matter what anyone says.

I believe the line diameter has more to do with the visibility over the color of the line. IMO.

I got a couple rolls of the Suffix for free at the Gander show a couple months back. I'll have to spool up a rod or two with it and try it out. Personally I haven't had much problem with any of the lines I've used including the colored. Don't seem to notice much of a different tbh.

Tried out the Suffix today. Very supple in the cold. No problems with line memory whatsoever. This was on a large arbor fly reel, so that may have helped. Either way, I'm happy with the product.

One downside; it isn't as resistant to ice up as advertised. I saw no difference between this and any other monofilament lines I've used as far as ice up resistance goes.

Tried out the Suffix today. Very supple in the cold. No problems with line memory whatsoever. This was on a large arbor fly reel, so that may have helped. Either way, I'm happy with the product.

One downside; it isn't as resistant to ice up as advertised. I saw no difference between this and any other monofilament lines I've used as far as ice up resistance goes.

where did you fish...how much ice was there?

I used the suffix 1# and 2# last year and was very pleased. I do a lot of hole hopping, so i'm outside quite a bit and it seems to stay limp in the cold and has almost no memory. I've also used the micro ice 1# and 2# which is ok but i think the suffix has less memory. This year i'm using suffix on all my rods. I'm not sure about the colored lines i have never used them, i stick with the clear or clear steel.

I have never used color line for ice fishing either, but they offer it in orange, just want your thoughts on colored ice lines in general too.

I'm trying out quite a few lines this year. My old stand by has be treline micro ice. I spooled up some Suffix, Stren, Northland Bionic Ice, and some P Line Floroice. So far the only bad line I've really ever had was Cajun red line, and I think they re-did the line since I first got it.

Colored line doesn't seem to be a big deal either way for me. I use clear on the 2lb and under line then choose a color for my 4lb (orange) 6lb (Red) 8lb (Blue). Helps to know what rod & reel to grab with the correct line test before I go fishing