• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hyfax/Runner Options for a Clam Voyager

Koepper08

I am looking at adding either the factory Clam wear strips or doing a custom hyfax job to my house. Does anyone have any experience with the Clam wear strips? Are two strips enough on the bottom of a Voyager tub? How difficult would it be to put hyfax on a sled from scratch? What would be more durable/last longer?

Just on a side note I had an Eskimo Quickflip II and wore out the tub after 5 or 6 years of pulling it behind my 4-wheeler. Just looking to prolong the life of the new house.

Thanks for your help!

I have the Clam Voyager, and put the Clam Hyfax kit on it. Works great, protects the tub very well. I would go with that over a DIY kit. Was fairly simple to put on. Sure can use a second set of hand if you have them available though. Mine has been on for 3-4 years know and they are holding up great.

Koepper, I had the same setup. Had a Quickflip II and went to a Voyager. I wore holes in the bottom of my Quickflip in two seasons but did not have runners on it. When I bought my Voyager I put on some Clam ones right away. I think they worked great last year. You diff, can use a hand when putting them on the house though. Also, heating the front and back on the ends helps get them around the curves better. I wouldn't be without them on a porty now. wink

I've had good success with mine on my voyager for 2 seasons already. They are fairly easy to install. I would recommend however to install them in a warm area so they are easier to work with. You'll still want to blow dry (hot) on the ends for the curve though. Two of them work just fine, gets the sled off the surface and glides very nice on snow or ice. I don't see much for wear after 2 seasons of being towed behind the wheeler, atleast nothing that would concern me for replacement.