• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mobile Site HSO?

2dog

Nope, but it is in the works. wink Just maybe some time with true mobile pages being had. Not sure when anything will be come fact, but it is on the list. More to it than just flipping a switch as most of you know and the site being as huge as it is could be the factor of it being sooner than later or later than sooner. This is an official leak by the way. grin It's on the books and not a case of needing support. More of get through the current mountain range first and then tackle the bigger mountains behind, with going mobile being one of them. I know LIMIT knows, but to make the masses happy this involves going multiple ways which means multiple the work. I have been keeping close tabs on one end that could make this easier. I am hoping it works out with ease and thus making everything much easier. wink

Sweet, can't wait! I was just thinking of posting this very subject today, and to my surprise when I log on, presto, there it is! smile

One suggestion I would make though is have the original site still available to mobile users, some sites don't do this and it gets frustrating sometimes if you need to do something that isn't available on mobile.

Sweet, can't wait! I was just thinking of posting this very subject today, and to my surprise when I log on, presto, there it is! smile

One suggestion I would make though is have the original site still available to mobile users, some sites don't do this and it gets frustrating sometimes if you need to do something that isn't available on mobile.

All sites have the original site still available you just need to trick the browser into going to the fullsite. Kinda like facebook. It has two different mobile sites and the full site. I can access all three from my droid.

As for HSO on mobile? Sure the main sight could be mobile, I do not think the sponsors would like their advertisements much though as they would probably be pretty small if even shown at all. As for as the HSO forums? I am not sure its going to happen any time soon as I am pretty sure there is no option for UBB to be mobile... YET.... I could be wrong though. But in my web coding experience the technology is there but as far as I know not being used and not even developed for UBB boards such as this one.

It could be beneficial thought! Be nice to see but, like I said I navigate these forums just fine on my smart phone and A mobile version I think would restrict the view.

If you consider the most common phones available, they can be categorized on the basis of screen size give or take a few pixels.

* 128 x 160 pixels

* 176 x 220 pixels

* 240 x 320 pixels

* 320 x 480 pixels

it's best to keep the shape and style of a mobile site as minimal and linear as possible. Since there is no mouse on a mobile phone the only feature you really have is only an up-down feature. This would probably limit the ability to post pictures, or you tube videos if you know what I mean. Basically I personally think it would be hard to merge forum post from pc/mac to mobile devices.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think I am pretty spot on as a retired web coder wink