• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowbank lake MN

crabshack

will be heading up to Snowbank at the beginning of January. Was wondering if anyone fishes there regularly and if you have any advice for a guy that is just making a weekend trip up from Iowa. I'm just looking to catch some eyes, pouts, and northern mostly. I know there are lakers in there but I'm thinking with our lack of mobility without a sled that trying to get on them might be tough.

we will most likely be walking (or skiing) in with protables. probably fishing around harri's Island (or within a couple hundred yards of it anyway) since that seems to be where the major access points are. I know Smitty's guides up there, but I dont want to hastle them for fishing advice on their lake when I'm not a paying customer (other than for bait most likely).

Just looking to get on some good fish and hopefully land a few. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

crabshack

Welcome to HSO

I see that you are new to the site so I thought I would let you know that you might get a better response if you post down in the Ely forum. I wish I could help you but I have only fished for Lakers on Snowbank and that was a long time ago and we went out by the BWCA border on sleds to fish.

crabshack. welcome to HSO.

if you post this in the Duluth/BWCA forum or the Vermilion/Ely forum you will get a much better response.

lake trout season will not be open on snowbank until the 15th of January. talk to smittys. they will be able to help you out a lot. most people are laker fishing on snowbank. there are lots of walters and some very big pike as well as silver pike. the only tip i can give you is that there will be HUGE northern in similar areas where lake trout are. they are feeding on the ciscos. its not a numbers game but the fish you get are BIG.