• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Quickflip 2

MJBaldwin

Question for you guys.. I recently purchased the Quickflip two (red) I was just wondering abot the back of it. My canvis only goes to about the top of the sled while I think the older green ones have an actual skirt did I get a defective one or is this how it is supposed to be? I will attach a picture so you understand.. If this is how its supposed to be how do you put snow there?

full-31702-3826-eskimo2.jpg

The part around the sled is normally tucked under the lip of the sled and secured with screwed and a rubber/plastic piece.

My older QF3 (green) is just like yours only I have that portion screwed to the sled. It appears yours is hanging loose.

You should have been provided a rubber piece (and screwed) that clips around the lip of the sled and fabric to hold the fabric tightly in place. It should not be hanging free like that.

ONce secured to the back and side lips of the sled it doesn't need to be banked liek the rest of the house - although I will say if it is windy and you don't bank it at all you can feel a draft coming from underneath the sled and into the shack.

I can take some pictures if you are still wondering.

tsande00 - Yea if you could take some pictures that would be great. I was provided like a striping but that looked like it went all the way around the sled but I will double check the bags and boxes tonight (Maybe read the directions a little closer lol) guess I got too exceited about the new fish house!

That striping you mention is what I'm talking about. It goes around 3 out of the 4 sides, at least on mine it did. (The back of the sled and the two sides) You kind of tuck the fabric up underneath the edge of the sled and then put the stripping on. The stripping holds the fabric in place. You should have also received some small 1/2" or so screws. Those screws go through the stripping, the fabric, and the edge of the tub to keep it all in place.

For some reason all of the Eskimo QF images online are taken front the same, frontward angle and you don't see the backs. Do a google image search for flip over ice shack and pay attention to the backs of the sleds. You'll notice that the extra fabric is tucked away via the striping you were provided.

Yep... definitely pink whistle!!!

If you've still got the instructions, read 'em again and look in the box for the stripping & screws that are obviously leftovers wink. If you haven't got the instructions... Eskimo... here you go . Now read #2 at the bottom of pg 11 & #3 at the top of pg 12 & tell me what it says grin .

Topcat3820 - Looks like I just had to read the rest of the directions. How much do I want to pull that over just enough to keep inside that stripping? I really appreciate all your guys's help.

I would have it so that the house can be fully flipped over but still have the fabric taught. You don't want it too loose or it will be flapping around but you don't want it too tight so that when you flip it over it doesn't go all the way to the ice.

Mine does not have much fabric exposed on the back and sides, maybe an inch or less.