• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Icegator?

jnwb

I am getting a new ice auger this year. I have it narowed down to the icegator and the strikelite2. For those that own a icegator have you ever re-drilled old holes in a shack, and how does it do? Are they still having the problems I read about on here? How many years do you get out of a set of batteries?

Thank you!

Ice Gator owner here and yes, that is the primary and most fequently used method of it. It stays with my hard house and drills and redrills holes so I have no fumes. Works great, with shaver or chipper bits. I have used both on it. I keep my chipper bit on most of the time.

I have and currently own 3 augers and the Ice Gator works just fine. I have a Nils Master and a SM as well. My fishing partners own Jiffy's and I have no problem with them either, it really comes down to what you want. I didnt want fumes as they choke me out and effect my breathing and the Ice Gator does everything I ask of it. For a power auger, hard to beat the weight, and pure power of a Nils Master. So that is where I stand, if I ever have a complete death of those, I have an old Mag2000 to cut me some holes.

I also own an Icegator and absolutely love it!

No Fumes. No Gas. No pull starting. No Choking. NO PROBLEMS!!

Push a button and go. reverse cleans out the hole nicely.

Worth every single dollar spent. Icegator customer service was also very good. Prompt responses and good communication.

I ordered mine two years ago. I had it within 1 week of purchase.