• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jnwb

Strikelite 2 at ice show.

The wife gave me the go ahead on a new auger this year. I am leaning towards the strikelite 2. Will it be worth buying one at the ice fishing show? If so who will have the best deals and what can I expect for a disscount?

I have the orignial strike lite and love it, with the regular auger it will be almost perfect.

Not sure what deals you will find there, but if you get anything off you're doing well. It is the beginning of the season, not much reason to discount anything.

How does yours start when it is super cold? This is my only concern with the 4 stroke.

I've never had a problem at all. Pump the bulb, and it starts right up. It helps that the cord is so short you can get the flywheel spinning pretty quickly.

Oh, the only thing that I dont really like is that you have to set the auger down with the gas tank down to keep the oil from leaking out.

I have never had it leak out, but I am careful to always put it down the right way, when I fish with guys who are used to their 2 strke it catches them off guard that you have to put the auger down a certain way.

Just bought one online from Gander. Purchase over 500 and get 75.00 off. With my gift card and free shipping I paid 458.00.

I thought at Gander you got a card that had to be used on other items on a different day?

Not sure what deals you will find there, but if you get anything off you're doing well. It is the beginning of the season, not much reason to discount anything.

In my experience you will see the best deals all year at the show. I keep a list of everything I need throughout the year and then go buy it all in one shot now at the show. Plus they have EVERYTHING, no running around trying to find which store has what in stock.