• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikelite 2 at ice show.

jnwb

The wife gave me the go ahead on a new auger this year. I am leaning towards the strikelite 2. Will it be worth buying one at the ice fishing show? If so who will have the best deals and what can I expect for a disscount?

I have the orignial strike lite and love it, with the regular auger it will be almost perfect.

Not sure what deals you will find there, but if you get anything off you're doing well. It is the beginning of the season, not much reason to discount anything.

Oh, the only thing that I dont really like is that you have to set the auger down with the gas tank down to keep the oil from leaking out.

I have never had it leak out, but I am careful to always put it down the right way, when I fish with guys who are used to their 2 strke it catches them off guard that you have to put the auger down a certain way.

Not sure what deals you will find there, but if you get anything off you're doing well. It is the beginning of the season, not much reason to discount anything.

In my experience you will see the best deals all year at the show. I keep a list of everything I need throughout the year and then go buy it all in one shot now at the show. Plus they have EVERYTHING, no running around trying to find which store has what in stock.