• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you fall thru video

ryan p

Thanks for the informative video...I've been ice fishing for 43 years and I learned a few things from this video...like the leg kicking, and letting your arms freeze to the ice. Again, it goes against everything your brain is telling you, but staying CALM seems to be the main objective to staying alive. I definately feel more prepared should an emergency occur! (However, I think I'm still gonna give it a week before I go out! )

Been there, done that, in the middle of the night on Leech Lake. 3 times in a row before I found solid ice. Thank God the temps were frigid, because the last time I went through the only way I could get onto the ice was to let my gloves/arms freeze to it. I hadn't seen a video, but knew it was the only chance I had at getting back onto the ice. Its kind of a blur, but I don't remember my time in the water as being extremely cold. I'm sure adrenaline had something to do with it. I do remember it being relatively easy to stay calm, probably because I had a friend in the water and getting her on top of the ice was my first priority. She was panicking and I knew I couldn't. Now, the 2 mile walk back to shore, THAT was cold. The first cabin we found with people all thought I was drunk because I could barely talk anymore.

Be careful everyone......its just not worth it. A few fish and bragging rights for being the first person on the lake are NOT worth your life.

I'll see everyone on the lake. But, not for another two weeks at least.