• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo Mako auger

snotroket

Hello folks, I've got a question/problem and hoping someone might shed some light. I've got an Eskimo Mako 8" w/ the Viper engine that leaks a small amount of fuel. It appears to be leaking out of the exhaust area like the carb isn't burning enough of the oil and it's pushing some through to the exhaust. Does anyone have a similar issue and if so what might I do to settle the small leak? Maybe the oil/gas mix is too rich for the carb? Thanks for any help.

It initially appeared to be kind of a green colored fluid, thought it might be some gear box fluid but someone else said it's oil not being burned via the carb. So, the company recommends 50:1 mix. You would use an 80:1 oil/gas mix? Even with a new engine that isn't too light? You must have the same Viper engine? Thanks man.

Amsoil guarantees protection with Saber Pro as lean as 100:1, regardless of the manufacter's suggested ratio. Most people run it a little richer around 80:1. It definately smooths out your auger and starts easier, no smoke with it either.

Not sure about your older mako having the viper engine, but if there is oil/fuel coming out of the muffler it is usually because it was not burned fully. Lean out your mix and it should take care of it. amsoil is recommended because it maintains lubrication even at very lean mixtures.

I switched over to the amsoil sabre oil as well last year and it made a world of difference in my auger. I run it in my chainsaws and brush trimmer as well now, easier starts and cleaner running plus significantly less smoke which is always nice if you are trying to repunch holes in a perm house.