• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dilemma

For the last ten years I have always skipped the firearm season so that i could hunt the muzzleloading season. In them ten years i have always had a place to hunt. This year is a little different. Now that you can hunt both seasons the land i was able to hunt is no longer aavailable. Last year my fiance hunted with me for the first time. Although she didnt get a deer her spirits were good! (Not to many women that will get up at 5 am to go sit in a stand in 10 below weather for 6 days in a row) I have a feeling if she doesnt get a chance at a deer this year she might start losing interest. I know there is a lot of public land out there to be hunted but also know that between pheasant hunters and gun season that 99% of that land is hit hard. I am looking to talk to anyone that is willing to give permission to hunt their land. We are very respectful of other people and there property. We know laws and abide by them. We are even willing to fill your stocking stuffer with some deer sausage or venison sticks! We live in the Hutchinson area but have ties to Marshall and Willmar areas as our parents reside there! Thanks

Shawn based on previous postings similar to yours your not going to get alot of responses in here other than ones close to mine.

What I'd do if it were me is start knocking on doors right now. Gaining permission to hunt late season is alot easier than people think. Most people are done now, so alot will let hunters in. Taking the GF along wouldn't hurt either, Id go so far as to let them know she would be the only one carrying a gun, your there for support. And If she were to get one make sure they know it and her happiness would almost assure hunts in the future.

very true better luck after the gun season but your still gonna get plenty of no answers. I like the idea of having the GF go along and even have her knock on some doors i would guess not only would is surprise some land owners but some would probably say yes. Good luck its getting harder and harder to get on private land without good connections.