• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gonefishing70

ID on this bird please.

Evening Grosbeak.

That would have been my first guess. But then, I tend to be wrong quite often. whistle

It looks like he's getting ready to shovel some snow. smile

They are neat looking birds. They are pretty thick at my mother in laws feeder near Iron River, Wi but they tend to kick out the other birds she prefers like cardinals etc.

I've seen these birds just once in my life. This was while on a family vacation by Ely, many years ago. They are striking, which is why I remember them.

Thanks everyone, I wasnt sure what they were I like the yellow band across the eyes. and after seeing all this snow we got I wish he would shovel for me.

They are a very cool bird!!

This is the male of the species, and I know people, (myself included) that would drive quite a ways to photograph this species. Nature has offered you one of our most beautiful songbirds as a gift!

I have read that there bills exert more pound per square inch than most any other songbird in North America. They have been observed cracking open cherry nuts to eat the seeds, with the kind of ease that you or I might be able to open a sunflower seed!

Thanks. We had a red one come yesterday same type but all red I wasn't fast enough with camera though.

That might have been a male Pine Grosbeak if it was red (pinkish colored).