• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury Service

BassNut33

I bought a new boat a few months ago, a 2001 Alumacraft Bass 166 with a 2002 50 horse Merc on it. In the past I had an older Johnson and always had it serviced at Maplewood Marine. I don't believe they work on Mercs Who does the best work with Mercs. It needs a new prop and general service in the spring.

Rapid Sports Marine in Ham Lake.

My new Merc 4 stroke had an issue at the get go and it had been back to the dealer I purchased my new boat from about 11 times in a year and a half. They could not figure it out.

So, I called LUND and they asked me if I would be willing to take it up to Ham Lake to the dealer there and I said if they can fix it, then yes as it was about 100 miles one way for me.

I called them and took it up the next day and they called back in 2 days and said the boat was done and I have never had another issue with it since,

I know there are some who say that they are a bit spendy but they were the dealer who finally found the gremlin in the motor.

I would go there again in a heartbeat as they do know what they are doing with the Merc motors.

Simply fishing extreme marine in Wyoming without a doubt. Best Merc service you will receive. I have heard horror stories about service at Rapid.

My experience with Rapid. bad customer service. Bought a brand new motor from them. Tracked grease all over my carpet, broke a torpedo launcher style rod holder in the back end of my boat interior, promised to take care of it as I was picking the boat up at closing time. Called several times to follow up was given the run around every time. End result, I live three miles from their store and make a point of not doing business with them, ever.

BTW. I've owned five Mercurys since 1985. Always been very happy with the motors.