• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many deer are really registered????

On my way hunting this fall I realized I had forgotten my bow tag in another pair of pants. So, to save time I stopped at the store on the way to get a duplicate. Thinking it was a buck or two I thought it was worth it. Turns out it was something like $5.75. Since I was already in the store I went ahead and purchased the duplicate. Yes, it was very easy with no waiting period.

Still have both tags unmarked if anyone wants to check. frown

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see how online registration will have any affect on the total registration numbers. As stated several times here, you always had up to two days after a season closed to register your deer, so all the talk of going home without stopping at a registration station is pointless. The exact same loopholes (none legal)existed prior to the change. Plain and simple anyone who wanted to violate the law before can do so now not because of this method change but just because they wanted to.

...all the talk of going home without stopping at a registration station is pointless....

Many folks hunt from home. Going to a registration station was a hassle. Now they can just call in, or do the online thing. So the percentage of deer registered should go up.

I agree some people hunt from home or close by and were lazy in the past and once getting home they were not registrating their deer. It will definitely rise, but how much-that is a good question and should be figured out to compare years . It can be done by phone calls, the old random post cards etc..

heres what i have heard about ppl who do this stuff. they shoot a deer lets say buck, tags it notches the tag, ranger comes to camp checks deer everything is all going LEGAL, except for the part were he has the escape route of bring the deer home without registering at certified shops because he can "do" online registering. instead he does not register at all, go to gander say he lost his tag and get a duplicat to go shoot another deer, so he can shoot another buck if he wanted.

plus i have heard a grown up would use a youths tag to do the tagging and notching so its more believeable when they say there kid lost there tag

A deer does not have to legally be registered until the last day of the season so that doesn't change a thing, registering in person or over the internet are equally as easy to cheat the system. It's just if you choose to cheat the system or not.