• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shocks for 2001 Suburban Z71

Need to replace the shocks on my Suburban. It is used to tow two sleds in winter and 1750 Fishhawk in summer. Light Off Road use - Low Maintenance and forest roads - no serious off-roading.

Have been given lots of recommendations by service centers,(Bilstein, Monroe, Gabriel etc) looking for a little advice from you guys.

It does not have the self adjusting suspension.

I have 155,000 on the truck and plan on keeping it awhile.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Stay away from the gabriels! The bilsteins will outlast anything else you put on it. If it had them as o.e. you will notice no difference in ride. The monroes will be a bit cheaper and you may be able to get a lifetime warranty on the better ones.

As airjer mentioned, the Bilsteins are the best but a little spendier. I put the Monroe Reflexes on our Suburban when I replaced them and they were still good with 80K on them when it was totaled out in an accident. I also used them on my Silverado and have about 40K on them and they're still good. They have a buy 3 get one free sale on them pretty frequently.