• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Our Season Was Not A Disappointment Thread

Surface Tension

Absolutely not a disappointment! Got to watch my 17 year old daughter shoot her first deer with horns! I think she had 4 or 5 does and fawns throughout the years and finally got a crack at antlers. I also shot for the first time in at least 3 years as I sit with her and she gets the first shot but I followed up on the buck just to make sure---I still can shoot I discovered, but more importantly even with seeing horns she put it right through the heart! She can't shoot paper worth a hoot but put something with hair in front of her and she is nasty good.

Priceless when she had to put her phone down because her hands were shaking so bad that she couldn't even text her brother or mom! I still joke with her about it and I would imagine it will be a topic for many years in the stand.

Son (17 years) as usual got his deer and it was kind of fun to rub it in to him that his sister beat him to the punch for the first time in a number of years. When he pulls the trigger the deer dies so whenever I hear him shoot I get out of the stand and head for him. Now actually making him do much more of the gutting was priceless! One good gag and I could hardly help as I was laughing at and with him too much. I kept trying to get his sister to get some video on her phone but it didn't work out. Imagine that, his sister has actually gutted some of his deer in the past but dad stepped in and said he needed to prove he could do the job and he did it but the gags and the speed were hilarious.

Great season and I didn't really shoot a deer and couldn't care less. Venison in the freezer and the joy of watching your kids not only be successful but do it the right way is plenty rewarding.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic