• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vikes vs. skins

greebs

night before the game and no thread on this game yet? goes to show how bad a year it's been.

think the vikes have a chance at this one since skins are lacking in offensive weapons. but think the vikes will again play a typical away game and come up short. hopefully they will put out a little more effort than last week's joke of an effort. in the end I predict the skins win in a close one. at least this time we won't have to watch moss head to the locker room before the game is even finished for those that remember the game against the skins a few years ago.

No need to crow. We got a road win and the team looked better than they have in a while but there are still plenty of things that need to improve.

The secondary is just not good at all. The special teams is still inconsistent and we still have to work on game planning our opponents better. But it was a win and maybe it will lead to an improved team next year.

That was a good road win without our best player, the gameplan was solid, smash the rock and limit Favres throws, which leads to less turnovers. This is how often Favre should throw for on an average. I thought we adjusted pretty well also, plenty of room for improvement but that is the best we've looked all year.

Gerhart was a stud at the end of the game. 3-5 yards per carry, 1st down after fist down, killing the clock all the way down the field. He's not AD but he has a solid future in ahead of him.

You're joking right? This guy is slow and has NO future in the NFL. What did he average 3 ypc against a pretty bad defense. Put him against a fast D like NYJ, PHILLY or NE and he gets massacared. He is not in college anymore where he is gonna run guys over every other play.

The offensive play calling was much better than weeks past. Penalties and turnover were almost a non factor for us. I think the team played much better than we would have for Q-ball. Hopefully we can keep it going and hand out some painful losses to playoff teams. I also think both lines my have had their best game of the year.

Toldya your guys would win. Now, maybe there's something for the Queens to build on here. One way or another, it needs to be Brett's last year, though. There are limits to everything. Let the Queens 2011 QB hunt intensify!

Maybe you could trade for Rodgers, sign Favre again and let Favre sit on the bench. That'd be great for morale! gringrin

LOL, Favre was outty 5000 though, that old guy wanted that W bad. Funny if you noticed but when Favre bootlegged EVERYONE on the defense just took off running downfield like he would never run.

Hard to say about Gerhart yet, he's a rookie that hasn't seen the field much and he's also running behind the worst O-line in football. I highly doubt he'll ever be a superstar but he could be a Mike Alstott type player.

Young is more flashy, Gerhart is pretty straight foward lower your pads and keep the legs moving kind of guy.

My point is they knew we were going to run, did everything they could to stop the run, and he still put together first down after first down. They KILLED the clock the last 6 minutes of the game. Garhart has a future in the NFL. He won't be an all-pro but he got the job done yesterday.

Gerhart still has a little "chunkiness" to him that he needs to shed if he's going to be a running-back in the NFL.

IMO...he'd be a much better h-back or replace Kleinsasser next year...he'd be a great middle of the field or "move the chains" type of receiver/TE.

All you Gerhart haters are just stereotyping him because he is a white tailback. The kid won the game for them and all you can do is bash him. He is not slow he had a top 10 40 time in the combine(4.5 range). Even more impressive was that he averaged almost 4 ypc while not breaking one run longer than six yards. He got most of his carries when the other team knew it was coming which probably kept him from breaking one.

If I recall he had the best average per carry in the preseaon when they actually let him run. Plus he has shown the ability in the open field recieving this year. You haters are just repeating things you hear on sports radio and your minds are simply programmed from watching Sports Center 24/7. If any of you had watched him in college you would realise he is a very talented TAILBACK.

Gerhart is good, and will get better......Won't break any 30+ runs, but hard to stop under 3 also. Young......has had his BEST years already, same as Dugan and Tahi, as far as running backs/fullbacks go. Look at their stats.....ugly. I'm anxious to see what that guy they drafted for FB,(can't remember his name) and is on the practice squad, can do .

ps. it is D'imperio