• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in聽or Sign-Up聽.

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.聽馃榾

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bee

Showdown Troller/Pic

I picked this up on HSO-Classifieds this week. I,m going to give it a try on Monday. Still some time befor the freezup.

openwater2010310.jpg

Not any used ones around. Its new just released.

Oh, I thought it was used on the classified ads. What are those seling for?

This is supposed to be a great unit. I would recommend picking up the accessory bag thats uses for the normal showdown. That will give you a nice carrying case and battery.

I'm planning on using this right after I'm done drilling holes. I will check to see if I see anything before going to my marcum flasher.

Have you had any luck bringing it out?

-Steve

I think I need to pick one of these up this year. I went to the HSOforum and watched the big long video on it. It's got my interest!

I,ll be on the water in an hour or so. A post on how it works and how I do later today. I have a second different mobile mount made and i,ll show some Pics later. 24 degrees now.

Bee, I have used the full sized version for 2+ years now and LOVE it. I'm also strongly considering picking up the handtroller as well.

marcum should think about making a 9 or 12. the troller would make a nice compact unit for BWCA lake trout trips if it had a 9 or 12.

i bought a 5.6 duel beam this year and love it. It comes with a 8' and 20' in one transducer. I've used it 4 time and have to say in my opion is the best flasher out fight know for the money. I have have a fl 12 and use the showdown. the only thing i can say bad about it is there needs to be a float on the transducer the arm that comes with it is just a waste.

i bought a 5.6 duel beam this year and love it. It comes with a 8' and 20' in one transducer. I've used it 4 time and have to say in my opion is the best flasher out fight know for the money. I have have a fl 12 and use the showdown. the only thing i can say bad about it is there needs to be a float on the transducer the arm that comes with it is just a waste.
Get a Vex rubber egg and a Vex float. I cut the Vex float down to work with my Troller as the xducer is small and takes less foam to float it.

Seems like a very slick compact unit. I think they said 20 hrs on the 6 AA batteries. I'm curious what this would be with the back light and LCD heater on. I wish they would bundle it with a compact Lithium rechargable.

Seems like a very slick compact unit. I think they said 20 hrs on the 6 AA batteries. I'm curious what this would be with the back light and LCD heater on. I wish they would bundle it with a compact Lithium rechargable.

for an additional $50 you can get the accessory pack that provides a case, 12 volt battery, and wiring harness.

for an additional $50 you can get the accessory pack that provides a case, 12 volt battery, and wiring harness.

There is not a battery in the performance pack, you need to buy the 12 volt battery separately

Ice-Trroller Performance Pack Features Include:

路 Neoprene Soft pack

路 12 V Battery Shuttle

路 Quick-Connect bracket for Ice-Trroller

路 Adjustable Transducer Arm

路 Transducer Stop

路 12 V 3-stage Automatic Battery Charger

路 12 V Wiring Harness for use with 12 V Battery (not included)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Looks like fish to Me? Not a veggie in sight.馃 聽 I'm not particular though --I'd still eat em . The Rings--I've used worse-- ?
    • Swiveldigger gets the big win with----346 pts. 2--Juneau4聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 298 3--icefishinnut聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 291 4--BlackLundProV聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 290聽聽 (Ouch)聽聽 Just checking for a response.馃 5--Fishing_Novice聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽286 6--Rip_Some_Lip聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽283 7--huckfin聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 279 8--mnwildman聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 257 9--rl_sd聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽197 聽 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Season totals: 1--Fishing_Novice聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 6756聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 You've聽 gotta quit taken the same picks.馃榿 2--Juneau4聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 6547 3--BlackLundProV聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽6504 4--huckfin聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽6488 5--Rip_Some_Lip聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 6353 6--icefishinnut聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 6311 7--Swiveldigger聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 6189 8--mnwildman聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽6166 9--rl_sd聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽5696
    • If things in there were actually a bargain they might鈥檝e moved more stuff. 聽I鈥檝e picked up a couple things there but not more than 5-10% of the times I鈥檝e visited it. 聽 The pricing coupled聽with the 鈥渁s is鈥 , no returns policy kept me a bit gun shy of making it a viable source of gear.
    • At least you鈥檙e settling for three strikes and you鈥檙e out! 聽 Tough start but at least you know now and have a chance to rebound in some way. 聽Hopefully you can at least get that late season hunt on the 鈥渙ld鈥 property. 聽Always tough when the permission starts fading after working and and getting to know a good property.
    • Looks like severe heartburn to me!馃槃
    • As stated for the above reasons....I totally agree.聽 I can tell you this much, I also hunt late into the season if I am not tagged out, and I loosen my sling more so my thick gloves will slide through it and I can grip my bow.聽 I have always shot with one, so i can't speak to shooting without one.聽 I get a piece of mind having it that I can relax my grip and now worry about the bow "jumping" out of my hand,
    • Antsy?聽 That would be an understatement.聽 I got out bow hunting 1 time last year due to the job I was working at the time.聽 That job is history and am now working a job that will allow me to hunt as much as I used to.聽 Last month has been pretty much a disaster.......the land that we hunt on, first when we went in to kill the areas for the food plot, the guy running the sprayer decided it would be a good idea to put Roundup on the clover plot I put in last year.聽 It was thick and awesome and I could tell the deer were just hammering it.聽 Mostly does and fawns, couple small bucks, but hey, when the does need a man, he usually shows up.聽 Needless to say, I was a little upset when this happened.聽 Almost lost it when the guy got done spraying the plot and then drove over to me and said "I killed that plot, we should plant a clover or chicory plot there".聽 Just shook my head and walked away.聽 Strike one......then about 2 weeks ago the owner of the property informed us that we would no longer be able to bow hunt on his land.聽 Only muzzleloader, and that's only if they are completely tagged out by then.聽 STRIKE TWO........so I just planted over 200 dollars worth of seed in food plots that I may never even get to hunt over.聽 STRIKE THREE!!!!聽聽 So now I am in scramble mode to try and find some private land to hunt or start getting out to scout public land in hopes to find a good spot.聽 All i can do is make the best out of it and hopefully things work out the best.聽 Either way.....I'm going to up a tree somewhere and totally loving the experience of sitting in the woods with mother nature, with a huge smile on my face!!!!
    • Hey all...........thinking about pulling the trigger on a new bow for the upcoming season (I know a little late in the year, but it is what it is in my world).聽 Right now I am shooting an Elite GT500 which is a double cam bow.聽 Thinking about possibly going to a single cam instead of the double but not really sure if that is the route I want to take.聽 Looking for opinions from folk who shoot either and what they like don't like about the bow.聽 Not looking for any bow bashing, just what everyone likes and why.聽 Thanks!
    • I did this with a friend. I actually think it was what is called back bacon not buckboard as he cut it out of the rear loin instead of the shoulder. IMHO it tastes really good. Like a ham of sorts. If it goes over well then I'll do a batch from the shoulder and I think the extra fat content will work better. 聽 I used a bacon mix from Walton's that I ordered.聽