• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar problem fl-8

fish-a-man

i have an older fl-8 and i used it during the summer and it worked great but last night i charged the battery and turned it on and it made a loud screeching noise. the noise is like the humming noise they make but 20 times louder. im just wondering if anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it without taking it in to get fixed. thanks for any help

A new brush kit and bearings is likely in your future. They will also clean the inside, and check everything out to be sure it's in top shape.

It will run you about $50 +/- for the parts, kit installation, and tune up. If it's an older FL-8 unit, after the kit installation it will be better than new, as they have upgraded the display components. It will be better than new.

If you send it in to Vex, it should be back to you in a week, or less. Maybe get same day service if you can drop into the Vex shop too, if that is an option for you.