• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
CigarGuy

New laptop help please

My dad just called me and wants me to get my mom a new laptop for under $500.00. Her birthday is tomorrow, so I need to get it today. I tried researching "best rated laptops for under $500.00", but I'm lost. Any help would greatly be appreciated. She will use it mostly for doing video poker, emailing and finding and printing recipes. She is computer illiterate.

Thanks for your quick response:)

There are bunches of them on sale this weekend under $500, and based on what she'll be using it for any of them would do just fine.

I would look for HP or Toshiba at that price range. Best Buy has one of each that are right at that $500 price point, but I don't know if that price was just a Friday door buster deal or if it was until they were gone. Personally I wouldn't buy an Acer or eMachine type laptop.

BB has a Toshiba for $379.99 ($100 off) right now but it's online only. I suppose you could print off a picture and wrap it up for your mom to open tomorrow. smile

There are a few out there for sub $400 and like LMITOUt says any will work fine for what she is going to use it for. Wally World has a couple on the shelf at least up here that would be fine.