• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Contour Maps for Smartphones

THavas

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a dumb question. If i dont get phone signal will this app still work? or does it run off of GPS? Lets say im up on the Gunflint. And does it have all of the lakes the actual chip would have? Thanks cant wait to buy this app.

Not a dumb question at all in fact I see it as the most asked question on the forums here. Like pureinsanity said, you do not need a phone signal for the app to work, only a GPS signal.

I have been in places where I can't get either, so nothing is foolproof though.

anyone know how to read PDF files on a smart phone? I would like to be able to look at lake maps from the DNR site, but they are PDF files. I have a blackberry, so not able to get navionics.

I contacted verizon, and they told me that my blackberry already was able to get PDF files, so I tryed another, and it worked.

thanks for the help and advice.

My app got updated tonight... haven't really noticed the difference yet.... anyone else?

marine_man

I got an update a couple days ago. The contour depths were fixed when the overlay is on... At least for some lakes. Still noticed the issue is there on others. They didn't change the version with the update though. It still says 5.0.

I got an update a couple days ago. The contour depths were fixed when the overlay is on... At least for some lakes. Still noticed the issue is there on others. They didn't change the version with the update though. It still says 5.0.

You may need to reinstall or try and re-update your app. Mine is running 5.1 right now. But first do a battery pull to see if that changes anything.

Updated to v5.1 of Lakes: US North...no issues. A nice feature would be the ablity to change the marker type. Looks like I'll have to email them.

Ever notice on some of the lakes there are details like "stump" or "Walley" notes?

Ever notice on some of the lakes there are details like "stump" or "Walley" notes?

I think that is the user generated content. You can turn that "layer" off in the settings. You can also post info in the user generated content.