• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Contour Maps for Smartphones

THavas

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Servo, what phone are you using? Mine works great, and the map overlay is flawless on my Droid2. Did you try pulling the battery after uninstalling and let the phone clear itself to see if that fixes it?

I have the Motorola Droid2. Yes, I even tried pulling the battery, however, not after uninstall. I'll try that now.

Update: Tried it, still does not work. frown

Servo, can you go into your app manager and see what version you are running and how many installed Megabytes the app has? are you downloading it via cell network or wifi? It's recommended to use wifi for something as big as Navionics.

I was running the latest version. Downloaded the update last week. I took me from 0.1 mile resolution down to 0.04 miles. Yes, I downloaded it over WiFi. Tried un/reinstalling 4 times now and only option left I can think of is to reset phone back to defaults - I think I'll see what Navionics has to say first.

I am running v4.3 (11.15MB). My brother is pretty up on the Android market and said to wait for an update. He suspects it is a known bug. Many updates are coming out due to the Gingerbread release of Android OS (v2.3).

For those using Android software, do your lakes show up blue like those screen shots above? Mine do not. Also I have a bunch of weird grid lines all over. Thinking it might be a glitch.

I might try to reinstall as well.

Dtro, mine has the same wierd grid lines. To fix the lake depth color, go to settings and change the safety depth to 60 feet, it should change the everything 60ft and shallower varying shades of blue.

Also mine keeps getting the "I agree" pop up also, don't think it can be gotten rid of, and if you think about it all Humminbirds and Lowrance's have the same thing when you turn them on as well, it's their way of ridding themselves of any liability.

FYI, I tried the overlay maps option (which was part of the newest update). The app freezes at .08mi level every time. I had to turn the overlay off and it works fine.

Also I was told by Navionics a while ago that pinch zoom could be coming with an update in the future.

No problem glad I could help! And those wierd grid lines I believe to be the edges of the various maps they used to create the one big map. Don't understand why they didn't hide them, because they do get very annoying.

FYI, I tried the overlay maps option (which was part of the newest update). The app freezes at .08mi level every time. I had to turn the overlay off and it works fine.

Also I was told by Navionics a while ago that pinch zoom could be coming with an update in the future.

ok, i just played with it a little more, and the satellite overlay works perfect (never changed it from this setting prior to this) but the maps overlay, which I never used before this, does lock up like dtro stated when zoomed to .08. Probably won't be using that anytime soon anyway, but it's good to know its a bug and everyone is seeing the same thing.

Hi All -

When I search in the app store on my iPhone, I get the following options. Please let me know which one to get to recieve the quality structure maps, or if none of these will work. The one for $9.99 is "Marine&Lakes: USA", and the one for $14.99 is "Marine&Lakes: USA and Canada". It seems that none of these are the "Lakes North" map that you guys/gals are referencing. I don't want to buy it, and then not get the detailed structure maps. FYI, I have the 3GS.

Thanks.

full-32002-3779-newimage.png

Acemac, what Capture App are you using?

With the Iphone you simply press the main button and the screen off button at the same time and it instantly takes a picture of your current screen and saves it with the rest of your pictures.