• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Contour Maps for Smartphones

THavas

I remember reading about being able to download Navionics I believe it was for Droid phones. Can anyone attach a link to this, or shed some light on it for me. I was looking at it on Navionics HSOforum and seen I can purchase it for $13.23 on smartphone market.

Anybody have this or use it?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you get the Lakes maps, the Marine maps are just navigational aids.

Don't bother with the Lakes West app if you're from Colorado, it only has 4 lakes and 50' contours. It's nothing like their chips, which kind of suck too.

Adam

I have this app on my droid and love it...cannot wait to put it up against my lowrance with the lake master chip and see what is more accurate.!!

Hey LipRipper,

Would love it if you would post a report on the results after you've compared them.

Thanks.

I remember reading about being able to download Navionics I believe it was for Droid phones. Can anyone attach a link to this, or shed some light on it for me. I was looking at it on Navionics HSOforum and seen I can purchase it for $13.23 on smartphone market.

Anybody have this or use it?

Here is the link... It was moved to the Consumer Review section.

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubb...Dro#Post2390546

I downloaded it a few weeks ago for my Droid2 and is well worth the ~$13. I wish it would zoom in more then 0.1 miles. I updated the app last week. Not sure on the changes.

Update: Just took a video and uploading it now. Will post a link in a few mins (I forgot I left the cam in HD, so 50MB file). Latest update allows zoom further.

I have this app on my droid and love it...cannot wait to put it up against my lowrance with the lake master chip and see what is more accurate.!!

Already done! The Lakemaster is 100 times more accurate than any navionics chip IMO but I'm sure it depends on the lake...