• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
captainshane

Luke warm heat at best........

I have a 2001 Tahoe with 170,000 miles. I have notice (for sure on the way home today) that the heat is luke warm at best. Temp gauge is at the normal temp. The t-stat is original. Heater core hoses are the same temp (warm) but the upper radiator hose is hot and the lower hose is cold. This Tahoe does not have a radiator cap except the cap on the overflow tank (15 psi). Overflow tank has the proper level of antifreeze. So could it be a bad t-stat or core, or even something else.

ps. Temp control works because you can see the damper open and close properly.

If the gauge is in the normal spot than the t-stat is working.

How does the coolant look? Like Mud?

I would start with backflushing the heater core. It may take several tries. If it starts to blow hot then definitely flush the entire cooling system

Sounds like the fluid is not flowing through your heater core if those hoses are only warm. I'd agree with airjer

Don't know about newer cars but some of the pickups I had in the 80's& 90's the temp lever that controled heat temp the cable that ran from it to the control lever on the fire wall(heater core) would slip so it was not opening the valve full way. One just has to readjusts the fitting on the end of the cable.

The lower hose is cold?! You're not circulating your coolant..look for a bad heater control valve, or your water pump/impellar blades just went south....

Well the only thing I came up with is the cap on the overflow tank was bad. Cap is 15 psi. Replaced cap. Heater works great. Core hoses are hot. Fluid levels are good. Lower hose is cool even after being on the hwy for an hour.

"its all good"

thanks

Out of all the hoses the lower radiator hose should be the coolest. That hose is this supply to the block after the fluid has been cooled in the radiator.

You are right Surface T. The lower hose should be cooler and for sure on a cold day. Not sure why I didn't have heat that day. Had heat on the way to the cities, didn't have heat on the way home. Was on the highway for 3 hrs round trip yesterday and had the fan on 1 and 2 out of 5 (high) and we were plenty warm. We will see what the future holds I guess.

Thanks for all the info,

Shane

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• sure looks nice.  I glued some cut offs to my scout last year. really like it so far. 
    • Brackets mounted to the skis are countersunk for a 1/4-20 flat head cap screw. The turning assembly is just a 5/8" bolt. I found some PVC flanges at the local hardwae store that had a nice slip fit over the bolt. I have one in the cross board and one in the plywood with a washer in between. I can take more photos to show the detail.
    • Nice build! Are you using a simple caster as the turning assembly? How do you mount the skiis? I've drilled up from the bottom but have always wondered if there is a mounting style with less drag
    • Grainbelt, I like the ginger in soy in that recipe. Great addition to venison in my opinion. Just curious, why do you add liquid smoke if you're dehydrating in the smoker? 
    • Bummer, should have noted the digital temp controller I used on my furnace/fan set up. These things are awsome for running fans based on heat. Link to one of many sellers. You can set on/off temps anyware from -50 to +250.   https://www.hsolist.com/itm/NEW-12V-24V-110V-220V-STC-1000-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-w-NTC/153062796516?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=20160908110712&meid=f3c697819e004dacbbe13f5cc5040666&pid=100677&rk=2&rkt=30&sd=362433159234&itm=153062796516&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598&redirect=mobile Pic of mine mounted and small probe sensor (silver thing attached to black wire). Price went up a bit, i only paid $4.96 with free shipping 4 years ago. Been thinking about attaching the probe to my underwater camera with 100 ft of wire & measure water temps.
    • If you go to the grocery store the good bottled water is over a dollar a bottle and one aisle over you can get a gallon jug for 59 cents.    Some things just work out that way lol
    • I used .118 and doubled it up making the top piece to fit on the outside of the hole cover and the bottom to fit on the inside. I riveted the two together with 6 rivets. I then cut a 1/4" slot from the outside to the center and finished up by drilling a handful of 3/4" holes. Don't have any pictures of them right now.  Here is the lexan   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CAWRVJO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    • I used the 10 pound tank for a long time when I had the pop up. didn't care for it in the clam scout. Do you guys drive cars? A lot of people die in them every year... dump happens. Be safe if you refill. don't have any flame in area and refill the correct way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD1CmorB_qM
    • yea but i've seen you fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😩😜 i've never had issues with hose melting or found it to be inconvenient, but to each there own. i have concidered an 11 lb tank!
    • Here's an old post I found about the WI explosion:   mtbucket Posted February 6, 2012 Thoughts and prayers to this man and his family. It makes me wonder if he was one of the guys that said " I have done it for years with no problems". POLK COUNTY (WCCO) — One person is dead and another is in the hospital after a garage explosion and fire Saturday, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office says the incident occurred at 657 U.S. Highway 8 in Apple River Township. Stanley Johnson, 81, was inside the garage “actively filling a small 1 lb LP cylinder from a larger 20 lb tank” when the small tank ruptured and ignited the escaping gas. Johnson’s wife, 77-year-old Nancy Johnson, was in the garage area when the explosion occurred. She was pronounced deceased on scene. Stanley Johnson was able to escape the garage. He was transported to Amery Regional Medical Center for treatment of his injuries