• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venison snack stick ?.

WOW, it the best way to describe how my sticks came out. I cant quit eating them. Only did 3.5 lbs now I wish I had done 10 lbs. Im going to have to freeze them and hide or my boys are going to eat them all.

Thanks folks. I took my time like advised and let them sit in fridge overnight. Just like slim jims. Im very happy with the recipe I used.

Gonefishig those look GREAT. I guess im going to have to break down and either make or buy a smoker.

Leech, Im thinking I'll be out to MY spot before the end of the week eek Making ice quick now. Ill give ya update vie email. Why havent you been riding yet? Plenty of snow up here my friend. Put on 30 something just around locally this weekend.

I appreciate the offer redlantern. Brother in-law has one I can use also but I'm not one for borrowing. Just curious what you have is it electric, gas or coals? I sure like the idea of electric but I'm not sure if it produces enough heat this time of year.

Hey RH1, I havent forgotten you on the fishing. Ill be getting out soon. Normally I would have already but I've still got one tag to fill and having fun on the sled. Hopefully this week.

Gonefishig those look GREAT. I guess im going to have to break down and either make or buy a smoker.

Leech, Im thinking I'll be out to MY spot before the end of the week eek Making ice quick now. Ill give ya update vie email. Why havent you been riding yet? Plenty of snow up here my friend. Put on 30 something just around locally this weekend.

mabr,your not talking about the "spot" way out there this early are you? Would you try it on sleds? As far as my sled I just got it back from my cousin who lives in Oak Grove just today. He helped me rebuild the clutch and we also throw on some new hyfax so I am ready to rock now. If you read my post in the snowmobile thread you will see that we had quite a time getting the spider yoke out of the darn thing. Took it up and down the road up there and shes running like a top now! So ya, I'm ready when you are! wink

Sure! I only use hi mountain kits summer sausage, polish sausage, and snack stick kit. On the summer sausage I add garlic powder onion powder. and thats it, the flaver in those kits is really good. once mixed up they go in the smoker 140 degrees for one hour then bring it up to 150 and add the wood chips I use apple and mesquite. I smoked the sticks for about 2 hours, The polish 3 hours, And 6 on the summer sausage. I love alot of smoke flavor, you can change it up on the smoke time however you like as long as your internal temp's are right. I am by no means a pro I have done alot of reading here and other places just to see how every one else does it, I have learned alot, I will be smokeing again in a few days I am going to try a little more venison in the sticks, and polish. Hope this helps.