• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Customer Service__A+

So on Monday night I took a bad spill going down some concrete stairs to the lake. Wouldn't you know it I was carrying my Auger with. Well the handle broke on the auger during the fall.

I brought it into Strikemaster in Big Lake the enxt morning. I told him what happened.

Stopped back in after work and it was all ready to go. He even added some fresh fuel, tightened up some bolts and also gave me some maintenance pointers.

Great service. Oh yeah, they didn't charge me a dime even though it was my own fault the thing broke. StrikeMaster fan for life!

I'll give a plug for Strikemaster and Solo...

I still own my '97 Lazer power auger, and I've never had any issues with it....it has been incredible over the years of heavy use!

Last season I had the pleasure of using a new Strikemaster Solo, and I wanted one bad. I then won a new Solo Lazer Mag at a fishing contest...bonus!

I've never had to deal with Strikemaster customer service until last week when I experienced a minor issue with my Solo. I contacted Strikemaster who then had a Solo technician call me a short time later. After a phone call and email, Solo mailed a part assembly overnight and I was back on the ice the next evening after a simple repair.

What everyone has to say about them seems to ring true. Strikemaster AND Solo engine customer service is fantastic!

i sent my drill into strikemaster to have the pitch adjusted. they got the drill back to me in just a couple days. very pleasant to deal with over the phone.

A+ on customer service!

Mike, was it the pitch of the blades they adjusted for you? If so do did you see what they did when you got it back? I have a two year old Mag that runs great, but I just put a new blade on it and the motor is running really good at high rpm's but it just does seem like the blade is digging in very well and its taking a while to get a hole through. So, I'm wondering if the blade pitch if off and it would help to run it up there and have them adjust it since I only live about 25mile from SM. How much did they charge you for it? confused

Leech do it they will figure it out in no time and your auger will run like new. I have never heard a bad story from anyone who took the time to bring their auger there.

Thanks NL, do you think I should bring in the whole auger or just the lower blade unit?

they adjusted the pitch. drills like new now. i didnt see any difference when i got it back. it only cost 5 bucks.

What was yours drilling like before you sent it in? Mine is drilling away like crazy with a new blade and just not really getting anywhere to fast? frown

Leech, took mine up there last year to get a 10 inch extension and at the same time they took a look at the pitch. I thought it was working great before but when they were done it was like a whole new machine. Cost was 7.50 for extension a big Zero for the rest. Great customer service. A+A+A+ Rick from rockford..

Leech, took mine up there last year to get a 10 inch extension and at the same time they took a look at the pitch. I thought it was working great before but when they were done it was like a whole new machine. Cost was 7.50 for extension a big Zero for the rest. Great customer service. A+A+A+ Rick from rockford..

Is it an in and out one day deal? I get out of work early on Fridays so maybe I will run it up to them then. Thanks guys!

What was yours drilling like before you sent it in? Mine is drilling away like crazy with a new blade and just not really getting anywhere to fast? frown

i had to apply a lot of down pressure to get the blade to cut. with the lazer mag you should not have to apply down pressure to cut a hole. i dont think it takes them very long at all. you could give them a call. they are very helpful and friendly over the phone.

leech it sounds like your pitch is off. You could always try to shim it so the front part of the blade is angled down a little bit more and leave the back side of the blade alone. What you need is some thin metal or maybe even some plastic and cut it thin so the strip is under the front part of the blade as close to the cutting edge and then tighten it down and give it a try to see if it needs more or less shimming.

leech it sounds like your pitch is off. You could always try to shim it so the front part of the blade is angled down a little bit more and leave the back side of the blade alone. What you need is some thin metal or maybe even some plastic and cut it thin so the strip is under the front part of the blade as close to the cutting edge and then tighten it down and give it a try to see if it needs more or less shimming.

Thanks Jim maybe I will give that a try before bring it up there. I know years ago they use to put shims in with their blade when they sold them.

I really like my Strike Master. Enough so I will encore my other post. grin

Quote:
I have been a proud and happy Strikemaster Mag 2000 auger owner since 1996. The machine just keeps running after thousands and thousands of holes, with a good portion of them re-drilling the holes in my Mille Lacs perm house. Ice season 08/09 I noticed that the lower 1/3 of the auger flighting had actually worn thin enough that a visible taper could be seen. I also noticed even with new blades it still was not cutting right. So I took it over to Strike Master's service department. Mike in service is the guy I always deal with and pure proof that Strike Master's brand name is not the only reason why I drive over to Big Lake for what I need. wink

They have things down so well over over at Strike Master (call ahead to make sure first though wink ) and if they are not extremely busy they have a lathing center that actually chucks up, examines, and repairs/adjusts your augers straightness and pitch. I guess it also checks the blade sharpness. The actual price of this service, for Strike Master auger owners only, is between $5-$10 which includes the minor corrections (pretty much anything that does not require auger replacement. wink ). This may have had something to do with me calling ahead first, or, as always, being very polite and nice while on the phone and in person, or I just hit their service department at a time when they did not have a crowd buying augers and parts. Which if you have been their before is most time. I must have hit Mike on a good day cause he chucked it up and checked out (and would have adjusted) my auger shaft right while I waited and said it was on the house. While I waited I got to looking. grin

Sure enough a short time later he came out and, first commented on the extreme wear, clearly showed me where the problem was. It was just too far gone to be repaired and the entire lower 1/4 had twisted just enough over the years, no signs of impact and I have not hit anything or dropped it. Normally as cheap as I am, I would have just went home and fixed it some how. After Mike's awesome customer service, with a little selfishness of my own in having a new lazer auger ;), I just said 'Get me a new one and make it the the best one you have in-stock that will fit'. grin Also after some good back and forth at the counter about this and that, I walked out with the new composite handle and throttle system. Oh and a new gas cap.

Ran it pretty heavy the rest of the season that year and got her in the "used it" category last year and the dual lazer IMO is one of the best cutting systems on the market. They are all pretty close when it comes down to it as far as comfort in handling and cutting time, but only two augers on the market are able (with some precautions and knowing the risk wink ) two be used to cut a hole while one handed. My Strike Master is one of them.

The steel handle did me good for years, but due to it being made of out bent tubing, the handle is rounded which never allowed to place the auger down with either the carb or the exhaust hitting the ground and being right in the snow & ice. The new handle does cut down on weight, was easy to install, and has nice 90 deg corners to set it down correctly on no matter which side it is. If you drop it off the tail gate when it is -30 below out, yes the handle might crack, but I classify this "word of advise" right in with saying you might bend the auger shaft if you back over it with your truck. wink

Some day, if what is beyond the Solo is not out first, I might find myself with the Solo. Very cool machine. I just can not see me getting a new Strike Master when my old one is so good. I always wanted a second/back up though. Two auger are better than one. wink But!!! Three, a three would be killer. laugh

Shack, I had to grab a pop and make a sandwich before I seat down to read all this! shocked But good info, thanks for the reply. I will be running it up there soon! What day of the week did you stop in? Want to catch them at a good time like you did! wink