• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Geeze!!!

am i the only one on this forum that moved up to the real gods country alaska...... duck hunting goes longer then minnesota... the ice fishing starts earlyer and moose is not once in a life time....where is all the alaska talk up in here?!?! if any one wants to make a trip i knw quite a few spots up here for sock eye and silvers also got some awesome duck hunting spots for next year did pretty good this year ....also going out sea duck hunting this saturday to see what that is all about. if you want to knw anything hit me up at hckystick 4 @ yahoo. com take away the spaces

here is a little sample of what i have done in the last six months as a non resident next jne i will be resident and moose and bear will be on the kill list first.

nice 5 man king limit

P6200327.jpg

my decent sized red

P8010411.jpg

few limits of reds

P8010415.jpg

reason why it took me 20 minutes to get into my shack at the cannery i worked at

P7100383.jpg

bear that stole fish off our stringer that was ten feet away from us

44599_423733548682_579738682_5108137_541

45181_423733948682_579738682_5108175_230

P9090425.jpg

PA090439.jpg

PA090443.jpg

PA100446.jpg

a>

WOW nice pics fishkid, that black bear is kinda close, were you scared!? haha

Dude, that's No black bear at the garage can! shocked Fishkid I wish we all could win the Lotto and move up there with ya! Have fun! cool

I lived on an island up there that only had black bears so we never really carried handguns or anything or worried to much, but where he is up by anchorage (with the big ol grizzlys) when we were on that particular trip he brought along a gun although it pretty much stayed in our tent and never came outta the case. That bear came real close and it was a little sketchy but he just grabbed one of the fish and darted back into the alders. I even woke up one morning and got out of the tent it was still dark and there was a bear fishin about sixty yards from the tent never bothered us though.

the duck hunting is pretty awesome it took me a while to figure out wher they go and where they are since it was my first fall up here but when you find them its amazing especially the sea duck hunting.

SeaDuckHunting011.jpg

SeaDuckHunting006.jpg

PB270464.jpgPB270460.jpg

if any one comes up here i would be glad to bring them out fishing or duck hunting.

Fishkid,

Altho in Vegas I am a Minnesotan at heart and ready to get back there to my farm soon--Northern MN. (Altho I fish there winter and summer all the time.)

I am interested in the birds--actually my wife loves wild ducks, geese, pheasant (she grw up in So Dakota. How good is the bird hunting--yes, I know no pheasants--but on the ducks? Geese? I was told the seaducks are great to hunt, but nothing to eat.

thanks,

Wahoo

dude are you talking about the ducks in mn or the ducks in ak? A duck is a duck it all depends how you cook it. i marinade alot of my ducks and grill them and they all taste the same i will shoot them all sea ducks mergansers the so called good tasting ducks they are all the same. i dont discriminate when i go duck hunting