• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Possible Christmas Gift?

Rippinlip

Daughters Boyfriend is into the outdoors as bad as I am and I need to buy him a gift.

Any new trinkets that are a possible must need.

He has a flip-over house, heater, rods, some tackle.

Really would like to pull off buying a flasher for him, but not sure that is in the cards yet.

Any ideas?

If you don't want to drop the money on a flasher, good rods are always a good gift. You can get custom rods built at Thorne Bros that are top notch. Other than that, if he doesn't have good bibs, those would be a good gift.

I know it is more fun watching somebody open a gift, but if you can't decide you can always give a gift certificate to your favorite sporting goods store and offer to take him there yourself to help him pick something out, that way you can get something for yourself too! wink

I agree with the custom rod from Thorne Bros. Matt at Thorne Bros I am sure would be more than willing to see that he gets the rod he is looking for. If you wanted to go a bit further, they also have some nice reels for a reasonable price.

Thorne Bros could also put his name on the rod to personalize it.

Maybe a very nice set of ice cleats would fit the bill also.

You can never have too many new jigs or lures!!!!!!! Spend as little or as much as you want and even if he has some you can always use more!!!!! (Maybe a rod case, or a custom rod or a nice combo!) Warm clothes (Under Armor) is always nice to receive!

Daughters Boyfriend is into the outdoors as bad as I am

Good to hear!

I'm with the guys that are recommending a custom Thorne Brothers rod with his name on it.

It seems like you can never have enough rods. Even if you have a rod for every situation, the guys at Thorne Brothers will make sure to create a rod for a need that you didn't even know you had smile .

Great sticks, and the name on the rod makes for a nice personal touch.

Maybe he'll even let ya borrow it....or not smile .

i'm going to bat for him! i say flasher! a nice hummingbird ice! give him that, and the wedding will be alot cheaper!! lol!

I really like the train of thought here.

I am patiently waiting for the day, I could not be happier for him to eventually join our family, he is a great kid and got his head on straight too.

You guys on here are the best, lots of great ideas and suggestions.

I asked my wife last night if it was cheaping out if I bought a new flasher and gave him my FL-8?

Just a thought.

Thanks again

Still working on the flasher for him(may have others willing to chip in), did get some other items today for him.

We did invite them up to Appledoorns last year for a night with us in the sleeper and it was great. Wife, youngest daughter and I have booked already at Paul's.

Looking at taking him up there this year again, but just a guys trip and possibly looking at getting a guide for him and I to learn more.

Mark

Still working on the flasher for him(may have others willing to chip in), did get some other items today for him.

We did invite them up to Appledoorns last year for a night with us in the sleeper and it was great. Wife, youngest daughter and I have booked already at Paul's.

Looking at taking him up there this year again, but just a guys trip and possibly looking at getting a guide for him and I to learn more.

Mark

He did say youngest daughter in this quote so hes saying to the young bucks "there is a chance" smile Its all in good fun!