• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All I want for Christmas is my Xbox back!

Powerstroke

Dont say that word frown RROD scares me.

What xbox did you have?

I just bought a used one and I am hoping I never get the RROD.

I have a question for other users.

Do you stand your xbox up? or do you lay them down? Which do you think works best at cooling your system?

I can see standing them up sucking in or dust and not properly sucking in the colder air.

Also laying down doesn't seem beneficial unless the xbox is raised up on something so the bottom vents can do their job.

Well now that you've said that it's inevitable.... heh.

Mine is flat/layin down. I also have a good 4" above the system, and a nice breathing area behind it, and USUALLY remember to not leave it on all night/day when I'm not using it. I've been playing Fallout New Vegas, so yeah, it's definitely been used extensively.

RROD for me = 0 on a 360.

RROD for my friends = 3, and we all have similar setups, most of the issues have been with the heat sink. (2 of my friends have had failures, one went out twice)

Now that I have posted this I will get a RROD. Good thing i have my ps3 and have a good chunk of Final Fantasy XIII left smile

Bought a xbox pro and got suckered into the 2year Best Buy warranty. 15 days before the warranty expired my xbox got the RROD disease. I mailed my xbox into best buy and they sent me a gift card for a full refund (350$). I then bought a new xbox elite and a few games with the gift card. I know xbox has its own warranty for RROD but instead of getting a repair I was able to get a knew one. Im not always a warranty guy but this one panned out.

I lay my xbox on its side and did when the RROD ocurred. I was also playing H3 for an hour or so before it happened. The xbox froze mid game and when restarting it never got past the opening start up. Then the RROD appeared.

Bought a xbox pro and got suckered into the 2year Best Buy warranty. 15 days before the warranty expired my xbox got the RROD disease. I mailed my xbox into best buy and they sent me a gift card for a full refund (350$). I then bought a new xbox elite and a few games with the gift card. I know xbox has its own warranty for RROD but instead of getting a repair I was able to get a knew one. Im not always a warranty guy but this one panned out.

I lay my xbox on its side and did when the RROD ocurred. I was also playing H3 for an hour or so before it happened. The xbox froze mid game and when restarting it never got past the opening start up. Then the RROD appeared.

Ive had mine always laying on the side. No problems so far. I got 11 some hours of Black ops game play and im sure a good 20 hours of time on it total. Seems to not heat up much. specially if the drive isn't ever spinning.

I can top this.....I got Assassins Creed Brotherhood for Xmas, have been a huge fan of this series since AC1 and I have played AC1 and AC2 and completed everything I could find to do in those games. So you can imagine my anticipation of ACB. Couldn't wait to play and take a break from the Black Ops. I put the game in fire it up and about 30 seconds into the opening sequence I get a squealching noise on the TV speakers and a freezup. I reboot to the RROD. Not only have I not been able to play ACB, but I missed out on all the Black Ops Noob bonus points too. Likely 4 weeks to get my box back.

GRRRRR !

Got it back Jan 10th. Plugged it in and had the red ring. I was ready to blow a gasket until we realized a wire was not plugged in all the way....

I think they sent me a different box as all my downloads needed re-doing and games copied to the hard drive failed to work stating that they could only be used on the original xbox by which they had been copied.

But no matter, I have it back in about 2 weeks.