• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish are spooked by underwater camera ...

Dahitman44

I bought my camera last winter and set it at lure level. Never had any issues with it scaring the fish(that I know of). In fact, it seemed every pike and bass that came in seemed to swim up and check the camera out. I made some slight modifications to the tail fin this fall to allow me to set it up at various angles above my baits with the hopes of increasing my viewing area. I would have it pointed at one hole or the other.

It may or may not spook the fish, but there is no greater rush of anticipation than when the perch or gills scatter like flies and you wait to see what's moving in that scared them away. So I'll keep using mine.

There are times when I'll put the flasher away and use just the camera.

Perch in the mud on Mille Lacs for example.

The camera brings a whole new dimension to fishing as you can see the intreaction and mood they are in. You can change that mood from looker to hooker.

Pound the bottom with your jig calls in the perch. Give a slight lift off the bottom when perch come in. If that doesn't make them commit continue the lift.

If they lose interest pound the bottom again. They'll come back. Those little perch you can play keep away with. When the little perch scatter its usually a pair of Sumo perch cruising in. Up till know you've learned by observation what type action and manipulation it took to turn perch around and get them interested. The camera enables you to see when the perch are looking at your jig and when they are turned away and ready to leave. You can call them back instantly. Also you can see them before they are make their move to your lifts of drops because they tilt their bodies up or down before they make the move. That is your cue stall and quiver, or continue in the direction they committed to. If your dropping when they tilted up for hit, it almost seems they get frustrated, lose interest and move away. The object is to get them to chase and let them catch you.

Using the camera you'll learn that the wrong action and or at the wrong time will spook fish.

Never used a 560, I run a 820 I think theres a hook or something to be able to downveiw. I fish alot of eyes to but don't use the camera for them, always se them close to the camera but not often we get one to eat while it's down, I prefer my flasher for eyes.