• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bacon wrapped.....

Now that I have your attention grin

In need a last minute appetizer to bring to your family Holiday get together? Here's an easy one that will make you the hero.

Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies

1 lb. bacon

1 package of Lil' Smokies (Cocktail Wieners)

1 cup of Brown Sugar

Cut the slab of bacon into thirds so essentially you have 3 groups of 3" bacon strips. Wrap each Lil' Smokey in a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. put them on a baking sheet and sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of them. I use about a cup but you can use more if you'd like. Bake at 350 deg until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is melted. The sugar will caramelize into a syrup and glaze each morsel.

Watch them disappear!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pig candy....I basically stumbeled on this one myself, but slightly different. Cook bacon in pan, when it is close to being done (done is differnent for all...mine is crispy) add some maple syrup to each slice. Allow to caramelize in the pan, and serve...Delicious, but i think i'm trying straight brown sugar and Cayenne as suggested!!

Might as well keep up the bacon wrapped theme.....

Get a can of whole water chestnuts.

Drain and let them soak in either soy sauce or teriaki sauce for a few hours.

Roll the water chestnuts in sugar and then wrap with bacon and put a toothpick thru 'em.

Quote:
Bake at 350 deg until the bacon is crisp and the sugar is melted. The sugar will caramelize into a syrup and glaze each morsel.

What he said.

Enjoy!

My brother makes bacon wrapped pheasant

cut a small cube of pheasant breast, place next to a water chestnut slice, wrap in bacon and skewer with a toothpick. Bake for about 35 min, then broil for about 8-10 min until the bacon is crisped up a little. No sauce or anything needed. Possibly the best food I've ever eaten.

I've almost tossed my lunch from eating an entire pan of these.

I also make bacon wrapped pheasant. Cut pheasant into 1 inch strips and then cut those into about 2 inch lenghts. Put the pheasant in a halved jalapeno and then wrap with bacon. Use toothpick to hold everything in place. Broil for about 15 minutes. Nice appetizer. Sometimes I marinate the pheasant sometimes not.

Bacon wrapped Wild Turkey

full-20096-4473-bacon.jpg

Cut into chuncks, marinade in Zesty Italian dressing for a day or two. Wrap in bacon and grill just till the bacon's crispy. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Holy buckets, that looks/sounds good. I love wild turkey (not the stuff in the bottle either), italian dressing as a marinade, and bacon. All 3 of these together has got to be phenomenal. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bacon Wrapped Pheasant

breast out a bird and cube meat into bite sized chunks

marinate over night in soy sauce

next day take a water chestnut and a piece of bacon wrap and stick with a toothpick

put in oven at 375-400 and cook until bacon is almost done

when bacon is almost done put a pinch of brown sugar on each piece

when brown sugar is caramlized take out of oven and start running.......these bad boys wont last long

on a side note..............bacon even made its way into christmas cookies this year....tried one that was a bacon peanut butter rice crispy ball dipped in chocolate...another was a bacon ginger cookie, it contained bacon bits, as well as, the reserved bacon fat replaced the butter in the recipe!!!

This is one our favorites

Bacon wrapped fish, Crappie, walley, sunfish ect. cube fish in 1 inch pieces wrap with bacon stick a toothpick in it and bake on cokkie sheet at 375 untill bacon is crispy. GOOD EATS

These are excellent. Once or twice a year if I get into some dink walleye I will keep a few and grill em up like this. To add take a scallion wrap the fillet around it and than wrap the bacon.

Enjoy.

MR