• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Entertaining a 5 hour drive.....

Coach1310

So I have the privilege to take a 5 hour drive, in the dark, on almost all freeways and highways to Iowa tomorrow night. Lord knows there will probably be freezing rain and snow and wind etc. to keep me entertained, but does anyone have any tips for keeping myself entertained?? I'm a talk radio guy but has anyone ever done a book on CD or a comedy CD or something that they would recommend. I usually like to just take in the countryside, but in the dark, it ain't much to see!!!

Thanks for any recommendations...

i do comedy ron white or rodney carrington if you can handle pretty rough stuff. they both will have you stopping to wipe tears out of your eyes. i have also done the book but depending on the reader, it can get kind of mellow. i would sooner listen to talk radio than a book i think. good luck be safe happy holiday

A bag of sunflower seeds, a diet Mountain Dew, and a book on tape from your favorite library system.

I get a bunch of books on tape for long drives. Hemingway has a few good ones or anything that floats yor boat. It does really help to kill the hours.

Drive safe!

Thanks for all the replies..... found out that XM radio was running a "Free" limited subscription for a couple weeks with any XM radio. Had one laying around and used that. Worked well, listened to Laugh USA almost the whole way..... got some funny looks laughing out loud on the freeway with no one else in the car, but the drive went quick and safe.... Thanks again!