• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where's the new gimmick stuff?

Hawg

Usually by this time of year there's a 1000 people advertising new gimmick stuff. I like to buy from little guys before the big guys knock it off. Usually Midwest Outdoors or Mille Lacs Msgr has ads for new little ideas. I haven't seen any this year. Any of you guys see any of those new must have miracle gadgets?

That is why I like going to the ice show.

I got a hold of an Ice Hogger late last winter and mounted on a Nils.

In operation it looks like a snow cone machine and an attention getter for sure smile

I'll be using it all winter. In the video you see the Hogger shooting the ice chips into a tray.

This year running and gunning with the Ice Hogger means no more built up snow cone around the hole. Just shoot it out to the side. The hole is clean when your done and you won't get wet like you used to.

I think this thing is going to really catch on.

Didn't know it wouldn't till I looked at their site. I'm sure they're working on it though.

Here is the Nils Master with Ice Hogger late last winter.

As you can see it doesn't take much to clean the hole after you punch through.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Looks like a pretty neat thing for portables but the ice hogger bag thing for permanant houses sure looks hokey. Anybody try one? The tub type things for catching ice inside a house look like they might work but holy cow are they big! Do you guys with those like them?

I dont see it catching on. who cares about getting a little wet. most of the time your still gonna have to use a shovel to clear a flat spot, or throw snow around your shack. it just moves the pile 2 ft away. i can do that without fiddling with something extra. seems it also might create a spot for the slush to freeze in too if you let it sit.

anyone see any other new stuff? im excited for the show next weekend!

I dont see it catching on. who cares about getting a little wet. most of the time your still gonna have to use a shovel to clear a flat spot, or throw snow around your shack. it just moves the pile 2 ft away. i can do that without fiddling with something extra. seems it also might create a spot for the slush to freeze in too if you let it sit.

anyone see any other new stuff? im excited for the show next weekend!

I agree, I think it would end up freezing to the flighting, then you have to either thaw it or beat the snot out of it to break it free. Looks a little cheasy also. I'd like to hear what more people that have used them think. Please keep the posts running.

It was clean of any slush in the tube when done drilling a hole. Heck you could pump water with it.

Like I said I used it late last winter, I'll be sure to give my experiences with use in frigid temps but I'm not worried about it getting froze together.

If your just going to drill a couple holes for the portable then you this might not be for you.

Hole hopping or drilling in perm I can see it as very useful.