• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trips we all look forward to !

Hardyboy

Just thought id start this to see what trips make each of your juices flow. These are the trips we all look forward to the most and why.

My personal is Lake of The Woods and i have my first trip booked for the first week of January. Me and my Bro go as well as some of my close friends and it an annual trip we take no matter whats happening, we have been going for over 20 years and it never gets any less exciting than the very first time.

Red River Canada...sumo Walleyes...anytime...starting about X-mass.

Lake Winnipeg Sumo Walleye...anytime....after the ice is ready to roll on.

SE ND Sumo Perch....soon...I hope.

Red River sumo Walleye, USA....eventually, but it will be a while and tricky stuff here this season I'm afraid due to high water.

The trip that I look forward to every year is the one we take between Christmas through new years. The whole family meets at the parents place on Lake Edward outside of Brainerd. It’s a week of fishing with the whole family. All the kids, brother in-laws and the old man. We run a base station out of the perm and we run all over in the portables. The best part is watching the young ones get into fishing and wanting to be out on the ice with us instead of staying in and playing the Wii. Last year the three older boys 12 -13 spent their first night out in the fish house alone and they even managed to catch some fish now they call northern pike the devil fish as they had one small one come through and collect all the lines it took about an hour but they got fishing again and were rewarded with some eyes.

It dosnt seem to matter if the weather is good or not or how well the fish are hitting there is a constant stream of kids coming out to the ice and then back to the house to warm up.

It’s a great time every year and I always count the days down for that trip more than any other.

Quote:
Red River Canada...sumo Walleyes...anytime

Might not even happen this year, Ed... frazzle ice by the looks of it and high & fast current frown. If/when it freezes, it's gonna' be ugly & "tricky" eek. I'd recommend a 6 oz. jig and drilling a transducer hole 20 feet downstream sick.

Remember the last time we had frazzle ice confused???

This year is my first trip to Upper Red Lake and I cant wait! I am going with a few guys from work the first week of Jan. Never been there and I am very excited!!

I will be up on red at the same time. I always look forward to pounding 'eyes and the bonus crappies!

Good luck

URL...have went for the last three years usually in Feb. but this year we are going late jan. Always do pretty good and definatly have a good time with the people we go with. Chad Benson Rentals is the place to go. Houses are always clean and warm.

i just bought a new tropy hunter from ice castle loaded with cedar interior.. i plan on going to low every weekend.. yes every weekend. im fortuante enough to have evry fri off from jan-march.. so if any one out there wants to go fishing email me.. im allways looking for new fishing buddys

LOW first week of Jan., Rocky Point for us the last 2 years, seems to be better walleyes on the reefs. Can't wait. Local pond 1 mile from home most days, 100A's but decent gill and crappie. Have fun, be safe and good fishing.

Joe

Rainy lake is my new top choice and can't get here soon enough. Haven't booked yet but hopefully be up there a couple times this winter. Hoping to hit URL once or twice this winter also. Bring on the ice. Love those trips up north to any lake for that matter. Always beautiful scenery and excellent fishing.

Lake of the Woods second weekend of January, and any trips back to Bemidji! Have some friends in the Grand Rapids area now, so a trip there is something I'm hoping to do! Also getting to a few tourneys this year (Maybe Eelpout Fest and the Brainerd Jaycees event)

Late ice pike fishing at Woody's resort on the beautiful Rainy Lake. Some of the best big pike fishing anywhere. Woody knows the lake well and could get one pointedd in the right direction.

We will have to line up a trip b4 we go to Rainy on Memorial weekend Craig.

My dad and I go to Grand Rapids and try as many little lakes as we can fit in. The "can't miss" fall-back is Jay Gould Lake. It is always good for lots of pike (mostly small to moderate) and big perch.

The rest of the lakes we hit rarely have another fisherman on them.