• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome to the head coach job Leslie.................

FISHINGURU

It's all over the news and media:

full-18196-3613-bradchillygone.jpg

I am about as excited as I was yesterday. Wish they would have had a mystery coach come fro out of the blue. IMO we are back in the saddle as usual until the true head coach replacement is brought in.

the way i look at it, it seems the players did not like childress [ i only know this from various press accounts} and they had respect for frazier so in that regard it is good for the players. for the fans, many who are frustrated with the plays and angry with childress, this is somewhat good news that the management is doing something about it. could it have been done earlier, sure, we all like to prognostigate but it was going to happen and with the sideline arguments sunday and the poor effort by the players [harvin played great] this was the momment. now the question is will farve start sunday? personaly i fault the offensive line more than him and tj is not the answer for the future and webb is not ready but the best athlete and i would make him the back up. good luck.

Sad thing is Frasier's defense was the most pathetic aspect of the game yesterday. If he can't even get his guys on defense to play what does that tell you? Hopefully him being at the helm is very short lived.

I can somewhat understand the offense studdering with our top receiver being gone and Favre being horrible this year but what is Frasier's excuse with the same guys he had last year?

Sad thing is Frasier's defense was the most pathetic aspect of the game yesterday. If he can't even get his guys on defense to play what does that tell you? Hopefully him being at the helm is very short lived.

I can somewhat understand the offense studdering with our top receiver being gone and Favre being horrible this year but what is Frasier's excuse with the same guys he had last year?

There are many aspects of a team's performance that can be laid at the feet of a head coach. Some of those will get swept out with Chilly. Some won't. It'll be interesting to see whether Frasier should have been swept out, or whether he and the whole team's morale will rebound.

You don't know how a man is going to do as head coach by watching what happened when he was under a different head coach.

Maybe he'll be horrible, but maybe he'll become a heckuva leader. Wait and see. smile

Obviously, I'm just a spectator here, but I'll be very interested to see if they consider the season essentially lost (which would indicate benching Favre and giving gthe other QBs playing time to assess them for the future), or whether they think there's still a playoff hope (and then they might think Favre leading the team under a different head coach is a viable option).

Obviously, I'm just a spectator here, but I'll be very interested to see if they consider the season essentially lost (which would indicate benching Favre and giving gthe other QBs playing time to assess them for the future), or whether they think there's still a playoff hope (and then they might think Favre leading the team under a different head coach is a viable option).

Surely someone in the front office has access to a calculator.

3066625790_279530d034.jpg

You don't know how a man is going to do as head coach by watching what happened when he was under a different head coach.

So just because he can't coach the defense doesn't mean he can't coach the whole team? Coordinators are typically hired to the head position based on how they did under a different head coach. You should at least have a general idea. If you can't coach up the players in a smaller group you are in charge of one would think if they were given greater responibilty that wouldn't change. I hope Frazier can make the best of it but it doesn't change the fact that his defense has been embarrassing this year. Not sure him receiving a different title is all of a sudden going to make the defense he has been in charge of all year play better.

The season is a wash, it doesn't really matter what happens this year now, the good news is Chilly is gone, he had his chance, he did some good things and many bad things.

Leslie gets a fair shot at this, if we all of a sudden are a way better team he should of earned a spot for next year, if we are the same lame team we were under Chilly then we need to wipe everything out and start everything fresh. If it wasn't Chilly's fault for all the horrible challenges please fire the guy who runs that show.

Leslie's defense has been really good for alot of years, where the offense was only good during Favres magical season. Don't get me wrong I'm down for a proven head coach myself, but in the very least Leslie deserves a chance.

I'm totally open for seeing what he can do and whatever moves he wants to make this year. If we decide to go with Junkson so be it, might as well see if he has panned out to be anything besides a career backup. Get Webb on the field for some plays too lets see what he has to offer.

God I hope whatever happens this team gets some spunk, we been pretty lame for many years besides last years magical season, even then we were pretty lame alot of the times except we came away with W's.

Well I listened to the press conference. It sounds like Leslie has no balls either and will be playing Favre, has absolutely no concern for building a team for the future.

Sometimes your paid what to say and who to play! He's going to be walking on egg shells for a while. Um, yes sir Mr Ziggy! wink

I think at the very least, frazier has a good relationship with most of the players, and Childress did not. he(childress) has the personality of a wet mop, and was not a very good coach to boot. hopefully the Wilfs will go after someone like Cowher, Gruden, or Parcells(proven winners) this offseason and not hire an unknown without interviewing anyone else(which is what they did with Childress).