• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for Lodge wheelhouse owners

fishtrapgirl

I bought a barely used 2008 Grand Lodge model from a private seller in September of this year. He didn't have any type of owner's manual, warranty info, maintenance info, etc. Is there usually some sort of information that comes with these houses when purchased new? I called Lodge a few weeks ago, left a voice mail with my phone #, and got no response. On November 12, I emailed asking for any information they would have on a Grand Lodge and letting them know about my un-returned phone call from the week before. My address was in the email so they knew where to send something. Since this is our first wheelhouse we would like all the info we can get to help us use and maintain it. Not too much to ask. Again, I got no response from my email. I know we bought the house from a private seller and not a dealer, but that should make no difference. We purchased one of their products, and I have twice now requested information about it with no response. I again sent an email today and just let them know that if 30 people ask me how I like my Lodge fish house and I tell them their customer service is a joke and you can't get in contact with them, those 30 people might go look at another brand of house to buy. Not that they would care. Don't mean to sound like a whiner, but are they that busy they can't return a phone call, reply to an email, or throw some info in the mail and send it to us?

I was having similar issues last year at this time. I didn't have much info on the lodge fish & play that is owned by my father, but serving in Iraq. It seemed like he had everything organized, but there was no "owners manual" for the house in general. One for the heater/oven, but nothing for maintenence suggestions or anything like that.

As a word of advice, just read everything on these forums and piece together information. You'll do alot of learning about what your house can do, as well as equipment that you'll need. Last year I picked up a 2nd deep cycle as well as a generator. You'll learn the best way to drill your holes only by doing it. I finally got that figured out by only dropping the house 1/2 way drilling the holes with extension if needed, then dropping the house the rest of the way. NO ICE in the house! You might also quickly realize what improvements need to be made to the house. If your able to do it while on a fishing trip, not a bad time to do the improvements if you have the supplies. Always harder to be motivated to do the work if the house is sitting in the driveway. I seemed to be more motivated to do the work while I was fishing because things were annoying me.

Hope this helps, your owners manual will be experience!