• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins-Yankees

Big Tom

Fun game even though Twins loose.

Entertaining x 10.

We have to remember them dam Yankees are loaded with top dollar talent, hitters an pitchers ....batter after batter can do ya in.

Bullpin is one of the best.

Twins just did not get that one big hit in later innings.

Sad but fun game to be at....or view.

Thought Danny V. was going to do the job when he settled down an was relaxed a bit last time up......

smile

Twins batters ot close a couple times but .......

Kuble an big Jim tonight maybe...LETS DO IT.

Come on Joe....lets go.

Delmens due!!!

Now lets stay behind them an take this one tonight!!!

smile

Yankees suck but we have to beat the best to get the hardware an rings so lets GET IT ON!

They can do it.

T

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was a tense game to watch. We just needed one big hit but CC and Rivera are tough to hit. But the twins kept fighting, kept trying. The yanks just have more talent than we do. Hoepfully Pavano is sharp tonight and mauer/thome wake up.

I got to go to the game!! It really was an exciting game to see, but they just couldn't pull it together, just like every other year with the Yankees. Nothing changes!!! I'll still watch from home tonite, hoping for the best. You never know, It could happen!! smile We also got to watch the last couple innings of the no hitter at the bar before we went to Target Field, that was fun too!!

Wow that was a tense game to watch. We just needed one big hit but CC and Rivera are tough to hit. But the twins kept fighting, kept trying. The yanks just have more talent than we do. Hoepfully Pavano is sharp tonight and mauer/thome wake up.

Mauer needs to wake up, but i recall seeing Thome on base a few times and even pass through home... where was Kubel??

If we get the opportunity to pitch lariano again, Gardy needs to plan on 5 innings, not wait until the end of another horrible 6th inning.

Agree anouncers are not very good at all....though Smoltz had a few good things to mumble about Twins....allwayz are PRO YANKEE.

Gets old even if not playing Twins.

Like listening to Troy boy an Joe Yuck talk up Dem cowboyz.

So sad. on Sundayz

Someone should sned them boyz in da booth a Minnesota Nice batch of Wild Rice soup, Pumkin bread an brownies laced with EXLAX!

smile

Oh yeah!!!

T

Mauer needs to wake up, but i recall seeing Thome on base a few times and even pass through home... where was Kubel??

If we get the opportunity to pitch lariano again, Gardy needs to plan on 5 innings, not wait until the end of another horrible 6th inning.

Being at the game, watching the pitch count climb higher and higher, with no activity in the bullpen was frustrating. His pitch count was over 100 when he finally got hooked. Should have happened an inning earlier. Used to be the Twins were too quick on the hook, but now seems like they wait to long on it.

I'm still hopeful the Twins can pull something out, but it's tough against the Yanks, all we can do is cheer for them, and hope for the best!

I think Pavano will pitch a great game tonight. He'll be a free agent next year so he's pitching for a paycheck. With us or with someone else. He has to proved he still has the stuff during the regular season now he has to prove he can pitch in the post season, under pressure. That'll jack up his value next year...

very frustrating game. I too thought Frank could have come out a little sooner, but Crain killed us anyway so it probably didn't matter.

Bigger gripe I have is all the runners we left on base and in scoring position no less. UGGGH what a waste.

Lastly, I hate the Yankees. I mean I really hate the Yankees. If I didn't already hate the Packers to infinity, they would be far and away my most hated team, now its a tie...

Hahaha, nice quote Dtro, Good old NY times...

had a good time at the game last night... Liriano and CC both looked to fall apart at roughly the same time (pitch count wise, and appearance wise, they looked tired), only difference is Liriano gave up 4 in that 1/3 inning, while CC walked in 1. One of these days frankie will get himself a Quality Start, and not 5 and 2/3 of one.

the yanks HAD to win last night, otherwise they were done. Other than CC the yanks really don't have the dominating rotation that would really scare the pants off of me or any opposing team. That said, I'll stick by my statement that you could dress the AAA Rochester squad in Yankees uniforms and they'd beat the twins starters 80% of the time. It has nothing to do with talent anymore, it's all a head thing.

Now since I am full of contradictions today I am going to call twins in 4. Yep, 3 straight. I just want to see the twins beat CC in NY to take the series.

That said, I'll stick by my statement that you could dress the AAA Rochester squad in Yankees uniforms and they'd beat the twins starters 80% of the time. It has nothing to do with talent anymore, it's all a head thing.

I'll agree with that statement completely...Mind Game, and we're cowards towards a yanks jersey

Well, game 2 is a must win, baseball is crazy, for a moment I was briefly thinking get Liriano out, will need him for game 4 or something with the optimism we'd win last night, kinda the same with the vikes and at least Longwell will get a chance to kick us to the superbowl, just riding the MN sports fan roller coaster.

Now since I am full of contradictions today I am going to call twins in 4. Yep, 3 straight. I just want to see the twins beat CC in NY to take the series.

That is a BOLD prediction my friend, I hope you are correct!!!

SAD SAD FACT: I work 3-11, and on my way home last night it took me 5 minutes to find an AM station that I could get the game in on.

Found one, my old favorite station out of KC- 810WHB. NOTHING local came in. That is sad, my friends

Quote:
That is a BOLD prediction my friend, I hope you are correct!!!

laugh I honestly think the twins looked better last night except for 1/3 of an inning and the crainwreck. jeter didn't look his crazy amped up october self, and I'm not sure what the yanks have as far as pitching goes. High hopes, but i'm sick of this losing to ny poppycock, and we need to clinch it in NY to really get to the yankee fans. EZ-Pass my foot.

Glad to see Posada get beat up behind the plate last night. That guy makes my skin crawl.