• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Open Water Reports n Stuff

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice buck Tank.

Did the morning and afternoon sits Saturday. As luck would have it, Crystal had (her ) 8 point come in to within 40yds of her tripod at about 7:40 am. At 8:00 he walked away never comeing out into the open for a shot. I Saw 1 small spike horn and that was it. Went back out in the afternoon and had a small doe and her yearling at 70 yds but momma didnt show the age or size im looking for. Shortly after that a couple of twins came thru the thick stuff and their Momma was a big, juicy jerky factory, but didnt offer a shot in the thorn apples frown. Sunday am, 1 big doe fell to Brad's TC. (one of the new guys on the hill). She dressed out at 127lbs. Thats a good deer for our area. Bout a half hour Later, Scott (the newest guy on the hill) had a group of does come thru. 1 in the back of the group only had 3 hoofs to put on the ground, so he put her down. Looks like her right rear leg got messed up in a scuffle with a car or some other event. Altho he wanted a bigger deer, he kinda felt obligated to do the ethical thing. A few good bucks have been seen but none have offered an opportunity. We will all be out again come Thursday mornin.

Tank, been disconnected and south in New Orleans . . . yeah, I know you guys feel bad for me. Shrimp, oysters, crawfish and fresh fish was awesome. Nice buck BTW. Even though I got in late Saturday, managed to get out Sunday. No buck but 15 doe seen. Was going to fill my DMP, but about the time I was looking down the barrel, the radio went off and the older guy we were hunting with, who wears two hearing aides, let us know, that deer were in front of us. His whisper is about 100 decibels above ours and the deer took off like a gun shot! There is always next time. When I flew into Syracuse, the lake had that grey cast to it like it was about to freeze over . . . wishful thinking.

Has anyone seen our Chef?

Nah, hes probably too busy conditioning his hair and working on his next jello of the month club recipe... whistle

I talk to him once in a while or txt. I'll see him next weekend. Unless the dogs took over the spare room and the couch, i'll be staying there for the show...