• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morneau Concussion

WyoChris

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on the Star Trib this afternoon.

Morneau could be ready to work out with Twins on Thursday

Posted by Joe Christensen

KANSAS CITY, MO. -- Justin Morneau has had about four good days in a row back home, Manager Ron Gardenhire said, and if this keeps up, the plan is for him to work out with the Twins on Thursday at Target Field, taking BP, fielding grounders, etc.

Naturally, this makes you wonder if there's a chance Morneau could be ready for the first round of the playoffs, but Gardenhire said we're getting ahead of ourselves with those questions. The Twins are taking this one step at a time.

Sounds like there is a slim chance at him returning. Although how effective will he be is a huge question.

If he is symptom free by the end of the week and his workouts go well, I'd want him on the post season roster even if it meant he may not do a thing but pinch hit the last game of the series.... I'd rather have a "chance" at seeing Morneau as a pinch hitter, than KNOWING I have Tolbert or Repko or Revere....

"And morneau grounds out to 1st...reds win the world series! What were the twins thinking putting him in there?" That's about what would happen...no kirk gibson story here. Nobody other than jim thome has any business pinch hitting in the world series, especially considering he won't be able to DH in the 1st and last 2 games.

"And morneau grounds out to 1st...reds win the world series! What were the twins thinking putting him in there?" That's about what would happen...no kirk gibson story here. Nobody other than jim thome has any business pinch hitting in the world series, especially considering he won't be able to DH in the 1st and last 2 games.

heh, Id still rather see Morneau bat than cuddy in a clutch situation

The way we are playing now, dont be suprised if we get swept in the first series

Yes it will take a HUGE turn around for the Twins to win the first series.

Can they do it? Yes but not very likely.

The Twins might run out of baseballs from all the home runs Toronto may hit off the Twins pitching this series.

have you guys been watching the yanks and rays? they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. the rays gave away 20,000 tickets the other night just so the stadium would be full and got shut out by the royals. the yanks starting pitching has been a question mark for months now.

have you guys been watching the yanks and rays? they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire. the rays gave away 20,000 tickets the other night just so the stadium would be full and got shut out by the royals. the yanks starting pitching has been a question mark for months now.

Thats the best post in this thread. We aint the only ones!!!!!

Anyone else catch that stat the other night? Only 3 teams in baseball were playing above .500 the last two weeks and all three weren't contenders. White Sox, Bluejays, and Orioles(?) I think it was.

Yes the Twins aren't playing well but the thing no one points out is the Rays and Yankees haven't pulled away from us either! Even an outside shot at home field after the last week of terrible baseball should tell you the AL EAST teams aren't on fire either!

I really do think this is the year where the AL is really up for grabs. The Twins get hot and we'll make it... I also like how no one is giving the Rangers a shot!