• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need advice on neighbor problem

My old nieghbor had one of the nieghbors with about a dozen dogs running wild all the time, chasing there horse around. He warned the guy a few times and that was it, the herd was thinned. I think the guy started to get the hint when only a couple of dogs where left. There is no excuse any more to let dogs run on others property, the invisible fencing is great. We use to have 10 acres and our dogs never left our land.

I have no time for deer chasing dogs. When its legal shoot them. I may get jumped for that, but it sounds like you have tried to reason with the guy. Not sure what the Sheriffs dept could do, although i know ours has shot dogs in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the law allows you to shoot dogs chasing deer. If is the case I would shoot the dogs. I have a good friend of mine from Pennsylvania who when hunting would shoot dogs he came across in the woods.

I think you have to actually witness that happining, dogs just roaming around is just dogs roaming around, which of course will chase deer away, but unless you see a dog actually chasing a deer not sure if there is much ya can do about it, but there is alway shoot shovel an silence.

If all else fails, why not just buy some live traps large enough to do the job? Put some cheap hamburger inside and once you've got your dogs, drive them to the humane society a few counties over. If need be, repeat if he gets new dogs. Someone who wants to treat the dogs well might actually get to adopt them. Sure, you'll have to pay a little $$$ to drop them off there but it if you can afford it, it's a quick and easy way to solve your problem. Just make sure the dogs aren't microchipped. Something tells me they're not, though.