• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Homer AK trip report

This was my first trip to Alaska, and certainly won't be my last.

Our group of 6 had a 5 day charter trip planned on the Showtime through Homer Alaska Charters. Skipper Joe has a lot of experience and definately put us on fish every day.

080.jpg

We all got our halibut limits every day, but found Salmon (silvers & pinks) & Ling cod to be a little more of a challenge, but did manage enough to keep us all happy.

048.jpg

043-1.jpg

045.jpg

We all got into some great rock fish (black sea bass) as well, but weren't able to locate any yellow eye. We also boated several species during the trip, from flounder, cod, shark (dog fish) and a few others I can't remember names for.

049.jpg

The scenery was breathtaking with glacier views from the deck of the cabin.

092.jpg

052.jpg

063.jpg

093.jpg

036.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't see any moose or bear - maybe next time.

Largest halibut for the group was close to 60 lbs.

a>

I'm finding it hard to get back to 'reality' after visiting Alaska. I hope to experience more next time by splitting up the fishing with more exploring/sight seeing and maybe some stream salmon fishing.

I can't wait till next time!