Jump to content

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Finally!! phone & Internet registration.

Recommended Posts

copied from the new regs. Read the regs, there are areas where you cannot register this way.



• Every deer taken must be registered and antlers must remain

attached until the deer is registered. In all cases, the deer must be

registered within 24 hours after the expiration of the season under

which the deer was taken and before the deer is processed either

privately or commercially. Also, deer may be transported out of

the area where taken without first being registered. For 2010, there

are 3 registration options:


1. Walk-in big game registration stations. This process is unchanged

from previous years. Registration stations display large, orange “Big

Game Registration” signs. The person whose tag is on the deer must

personally present the deer at an official registration station and receive a

big game possession tag. The tag must be attached to the hind leg, ear,

or antler where the site tag was attached. You can find a complete list of

all stations at any DNR wildlife office or on the DNR HSOforum.

2. Telephone. This is typically called Interactive Voice Response (IVR).

The system will accept either key punch or voice (e.g., press or say 1).

You will be asked to record a confirmation number so you must have a

pen to complete the registration process. To register your deer using the

IVR system, following the steps below. These steps are also printed on

your deer license.

a. Dial 1-888-706-6367 to get into the system

b. Enter the Harvest Registration Number that appears on the license.

It’s a 9-digit number that links back to the person and license type.

This is the large and bold number printed on your deer license and

is NOT your MDNR number.

c. Enter the 3-digit area where the deer was killed. The system will

only accept valid deer permit areas.

d. Enter the date the deer was killed.

e. Enter the type of deer – adult male, adult female, fawn male, fawn


f. The system will then give you a confirmation number that must be

written on the license in the appropriate area.

3. Internet. Go to mndnr.gov/hunting to register your deer. The questions

will be identical to phone registration. You will be given a confirmation

number, which must be recorded on the license

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget this part of the regs.

Specific information for telephone and internet deer registration

• The site tagging regulations have not changed. Refer to page 64 for

site tagging information.

• When the system asks for deer type, please use the following information:

o Adult male – male deer with antlers at least 3” long

o Fawn male – this is a 6 month old male deer, more commonly

known as a “button buck” and weigh less than 75 pounds


o Adult female – this is an adult doe at least 18 months old.

Typically, they have a longer nose and larger body (over 75

pounds dressed weight) than younger antlerless deer.

o Fawn female - this is a 6 month old female deer. They typically

have a short nose and weigh less than 75 pounds dressed.

• A harvest registration number can only be used once. The system

will not accept multiple registrations using the same number.

• In the following areas, you must register your deer at a mandatory

walk-in registration station. The IVR and internet registration

system will not work in the following areas:

o Deer area 101 – The is the bovine TB management zone and

significant effort is being undertaken to conduct hunter-harvested


o Deer area 287 – Antler point restriction area. Harvested deer

must be presented for registration at a walk-in station.

o Deer areas 338 – 349 – Antler point restriction areas. Harvested

deer must be presented for registration at a walk-in station.

• Since the system will recognize the license type, it will only ask

questions valid to that license. Here are a few examples:

o Regular Firearms License – Will ask all 4 deer types but will not

ask season because it’s only valid during the firearm season. The

same applies to muzzleloader, archery, lifetime, etc.

o Bonus Permits – Will only ask 3 deer types (adult female, fawn

male, fawn female) but will also ask season (archery, firearm,


o Disease Management Permit – Will not work at all since you

have to register this deer in deer area 101.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

• A harvest registration number can only be used once. The system

will not accept multiple registrations using the same number.

Not a huge deal but its too bad they can't get this figured out. Its not too often I shoot two deer in one hunt but it does happen. Or say I shoot a deer archery and register online, then rifle season I have to drive the deer to a registration station. Or maybe I should just quit my whining and be happy about the new changes.

Edit: Hold on maybe I am reading this wrong. Each license will have its own registration number that can only be used once, I was thinking of the MNDNR number that each of us have. Stupid me!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

im not a fan of this, but i guess have the places you register a deer at dont look at the deer either way to make sure everything was tagged correct, or to see if anything fishy was going on

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the worst idea yet!! Honest people will be honest, but this opens the door wide for those whom are not! There will be the "oops its a spike, not a doe" registered as a doe. Not that it doesn't happen now but this just made it easier to do. This is a bad idea.

please don't take offense candiru, but really, a inconvenence? It has always been that way (BETTER WHEN THEY ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE DEER), so how is it an inconvenence? Just a part of our sport IMO.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

i would rather have them spend 15 minutes looking at my one deer then let the guys that try and pass of spikes as does, or just plan wrong tagging on purpose.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the worst idea yet!! Honest people will be honest, but this opens the door wide for those whom are not! There will be the "oops its a spike, not a doe" registered as a doe. Not that it doesn't happen now but this just made it easier to do. This is a bad idea.

please don't take offense candiru, but really, a inconvenence? It has always been that way (BETTER WHEN THEY ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE DEER), so how is it an inconvenence? Just a part of our sport IMO.

Other states have been doing this for years and they don't seem to have a problem. Most people are honest, you can't change the ones who are not. I would guess most people who are not honest either don't register their deer or don't both to bring the deer to the registration stations anyway so this just makes things easier for everyone who is honest.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They used to care way back when. I haven't had someone look at my deer in over 20 years. It has been 20 years since someone cared that I had one there. I have used about a half dozen or better sites in that time. It would be nice to get your deer hung and skinned to cool on a warmer day without having to run to town. I like to clean my deer quickly. I have run between 8 and 15 miles each way to the registration station. My drive is probably shorter than a lot of others. That adds up over a number of years. I am sure some have longer drives than I do. I just feel real dumb having to load up my deer and take hunting time, or after hunting time, to drive a number of miles so some convenience store clerk, that does not care, can punch some numbers into a computer. Clerks at stores are not law enforcement. If I owned a store, I would not want my employees leaving that store to look at some dead deer, particularly female employees.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

my speculation,

Past years, 75% of harvested deer were registered. This year 85% of harvested deer will be registered.

I like the change.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too like the change...people need to get over the fact that not ALL or ALOT of us hunters are corrupt. Its a very very very small percentage just like anything else in life. This saves me as well from having to drive 15-20 minutes into town and then back again to cut up my deer.

+1 For the DNR

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. I can tag & register it at the same time.

And I don't remember anyone ever actually looking at the deer when I brought it in. Maybe back in the late 70's when I hunted with my dad.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

first we are not other states, we have more hunters than most. When are we going to be proud of the way we do things here? Why is it always other states allow this or do that. I guess I feel Minnesota has some of the best natural resources to offer, we got here by doing it our way!

I have been frustrated with the way we register deer now for most of my 18 years of hunting. After my second season I do not believe someone has looked at the deer being registered. I think this is going to lead to unreliable numbers for the DNR to use, I hope not.

With the way alot of people glorify antlers now a days, I can see the temptation of some whom had "ground shrinkage" with there buck or those who shot a spike/fork horn thinking it was a doe will use this to save thier buck tag, as you dont have to lie to another persons face, just a machine.

This will put more undocumented pressure on the small buck that we all seem to be wanting to save. Satistically maybe a small number but it will be higher now than it was last year.IMO

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • It was slow for us this year, steelhead on Sunday afternoon, and only a couple nice kings on Monday. But the potential for a big fish is there again this year.   My friend is a little on the small side, always makes nice fish look HUGE.   My early morning fish came in at 23.6 lbs. A pound and a half heavier than the top pic.      
    • Nice work, that looks incredible. And I'm a big fan of the grey motif.   Thanks for the show and write up.
    • Yeah we brought it up to our cabin and sleep in it if there are a bunch of people up there. Thanks!
    • Are you guys using it as a summer camper as well?  Super Product right there!  😎
    • Thanks! It weighed in over what I thought which was disappointing. It was right around 7000 lbs with full propane tanks and some other stuff in it. We actually weighed it just after getting spray foamed and it was already at like 5000 lbs I’m not sure how others that did the same style steel stud house have a finished weight around 5500 lbs.    The cost in materials was above 20K but below 25 still too scared to finish adding the receipts. We really tried to use the best materials we could find and not cut any corners. When I was pricing stuff out before we started my ballpark was 19K but I forgot to add a tv screws wire and little stuff like that.    Yeah it took a lot of time but I enjoyed it for the most part. I’m actually getting kind of bored now and don’t know what to do with all the free time. 
    • Thanks for taking the time to do a write up and post all the pics! That alone is a big undertaking in itself. Nice work.   any idea what finished weight is for the entire house?    And just a ballpark figure are you willing to share what it costs in material to build something like this?   I can’t imagine how many hours of your own labor you got into this build. I think it turned out amazing.
    • Alright here’s the finished product. I think it turned out pretty nice. Still need a stove/ range but working on it.    Underneath the lift bed there are 7 lights and two speakers. There are 4 lights above the lift bed. The 3 middle lights underneath are on one button the outer 4 are on a different button and above are on a separate button.  55” smart tv recessed into to wall. The speakers really kick out some sound in this thing though. The tv sound comes out of the 5 speakers in the house which are all ran through the stereo and an amp.      Hole lights  Single light above the stove area  This door is for the satellite receiver. The black center piece is tinted acrylic so you can still use the remote with the door shut. The hole just below the tv is also so you can use the tv remote.  Battery monitor  Supply and return water temperatures for the in floor heat. I was actually really surprised I got my 20 degree delta t I calculated for.  Lights above lift bed. Lift bed in lowest position. Could go lower but that’s just where we put the lowest at.  Different height if people are sleeping below.  Folding table.  These are the cabinets inside the bathroom wall. These are only about 9” deep but I think they will be deep enough for a little more storage. The converter is in here as well it is just above the wiring panel. And the large center square is a false front so you can access the tv wires. I think we are going to go with the dry flush toilet. I put a little 12 v outlet in there so it can br ran off the house batteries.     The only other thing I did that i don’t know if others have done is I wired the rear porch light to the reverse wire of the trailer plug. So when you put the truck in revers that porch light comes on and lights everything up.    I think that’s everything. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. And thanks again to lipripper and others for posting their builds the information was a ton of help and sorry if I copied too much of your design. 
    • Next we made the back benches that our couches sit on. These things are very comfortable. The couches are the same ones they use in the firebrand fish houses. Matt from fish n style ordered them for us.     Both fold out to be beds. We also bought a 4” thick piece of foam that can go over the whole thing to make one bed when it’s used for camping.  Under each couch we made drawers. I figured it would be a pain to have to lay on the ground and open some doors to get something. They actually can hold a ton of stuff.  Both rear couches have the drawers.      Next we started working on our cabinets above the wheel wells. The two inside openings have doors and the outer two are soft close drawers.      We then made some countertops. They were actually really easy to make.    For our our upper bunk in the back we wanted it to be a lift bed. We did similar to what lip ripper did without the strut trolly things. We used some plastic that just keeps the bed within the strut. For our unistrut we found some super light aluminum strut that worked great. We are going to make a black cover to go over the foam.   inside the bed looks like this.      We have two motors inside the bed. One motor runs one side and the other runs the other. So basically the motor is in the middle and two cables come off of the wheel going opposite directions. Each cable goes around a pulley so now they are both heading for the wall. Once they get to the edge of the bed there is another pulley that directs the cable up towards the ceiling. On top of the strut we have a bolt that the cable is connected to. Each side does this. And the motors are wired together and are ran by a switch. We have holes drilled at different heights on the strut for pins to go through and the bed then rests on the pins. The motors were kind of pulling the bed up at different speeds so we contacted the motor company and they said thar getting two motors to go exactly the same speed without spending a ton of money is very hard to do. So we are going to try and either find one motor to somehow control all four sides or somehow connect the two motors with a shaft. But it does go up and down just one side ends up being about an inch higher once you get to the top.    Next up finished pictures.             
    • The house is done I’m just slowly putting pictures up and describing it.    Next thing we did was have it spray foamed. Which was a nightmare we went with the cheaper guy which was a mistake. I would not recommend American Spray foam which is who we used. After it was spray foamed we started the in floor heat similar to liprippers 2017 build. We put down 2 layers of 3/4” 250 pink foam board. In the top layer we used a router to make a groove where we wanted our pex to go worked out pretty slick. Next we put down as many heat transfer plates as we could. We used these little pex clips that got screwed into the plywood to hold the pex down around bends and a few straight places. Next we Pushed the pex into the heat transfer plates and the clips. We did ours with one zone that was around 120’ of pex.  I took a bunch of pictures of where all the pex ran with the tape measure showing how far away each line was from walls and stuff so We didn’t screw into it accidentally      We then put a layer of aluminum over all the pex.      We then stained all our pine tongue and groove. We used Jacobean then went over it with grey for a little different look. I think it turned out pretty good. For the trim pieces and cabinets we used special walnut. After the pine was stained we started nailing it to the furring strips.  For the window casings we used cedar in case there was any condensation. For the window trim we used pine. Once we got to this point I was a little nervous thinking our stain looked like something you’d see in your grandparents house but we kept going.  All these wires are for the lights and speakers we put in the lift bed.  We kind of installed lights and other things as we went.  Soms of the tongue and groove pine looked really cool and unique when we were staining and we set those aside and used them on the front wall. We thought about doing some fake stone looking stuff  but we were feeling the time crunch.  Next we started making some upper cabinets and finishing the window casings and trim. We’ve never done any of this so we were just kind of learning as we went.      Once we got the upper cabinets made we screwed them in place.    next we put up the backer for the tv. We used 3/4” pine I think they were 10” wide. Wasn’t exactly sure which tv we were getting and they all vary a bit in size so we stained it in case you could see behind it. Oh I forgot we also put the rubber coin floor down. We purchased it from garage floor LLC. The first roll they sent took like a month to get and it was the wrong floor but after I told them I needed the right floor right away they had the new roll on the doorstep the next day which was surprising. The floor got screwed down under cabinets and where the hole covers went. But by the time we got to the floor it was cold already and new we would have to figure something out in the summer when it got hot and expanded. So this summer when it was good and hot we pulled the edges of the floor tight and used some left over VHB tape which actually worked to keep it tight.  After the floor was done we started piping the in floor heat. We accidentally broke the  insulation around the water heater which is why it’s taped. We put some unions off of the pump in case it fails. We use the furnace to get the house up to temp while the floor is heating up but once everything is up and running the furnace never kicks on. I was trying to figure out how I wanted to control the system and was trying to ask lipripper questions but he has a patent on his so he couldn’t really answer.  What I ended up doing was running 5v from the arduino board to the thermostat. I then ran a wire from the thermostat to my relay board. The relay board I am using  closes the circuit when it gets 5 volts. So when the thermostat calls for heat 5 volts is allowed to pass through the thermostat back to the relay board closing the circuit that I have wired to the hydronic pump. You could use any relay for this just have to pick the voltages that you have available in your fish house. So I’m not really sure how lipripper did his but that is how I did mine and it works.  The whole in floor heat system fits under the front couch. I call this the mechanical room since all the moving parts are under this couch. We have the hydronic system, the hydraulic pump to raise and lower the fish house and our batteries. Only have the one battery in this picture but we have one battery for our hydraulics and two 6v gold cart batteries wires in series for everything else. The two 6v batteries are charged by the converter and the single battery is charged by a one bank minnkota  on board charger.