• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Stamp

The walleye stamp is about the same size as a duck stamp. Guessing, I'll put it at 1 and a quarter inch by an inch and a half. The stamp sales are used to fund accellerated walleye stocking in Minnesota lakes. The purchase of the stamp is voluntary and not mandatory for you to purchase but if you like to collect then it may interest you.

Tunrevir~

Per DNR's HSOforum (see last line for $2 extra to actually recieve stamp):

"You can support walleye fishing by voluntarily purchasing the Minnesota walleye stamp. Buy your stamp wherever DNR licenses are sold, including online.

Proceeds from sales of the stamp, which is not required to fish for or keep walleye, are used to maintain and enhance Minnesota's famed walleye fishing.

When you add the $5 walleye validation to your fishing license, those dollars flow into a dedicated account for walleye stocking activities. For $2 more, the DNR will mail you the actual walleye stamp as a collector's item."

Per DNR's HSOforum (see last line for $2 extra to actually recieve stamp):

"You can support walleye fishing by voluntarily purchasing the Minnesota walleye stamp. Buy your stamp wherever DNR licenses are sold, including online.

Proceeds from sales of the stamp, which is not required to fish for or keep walleye, are used to maintain and enhance Minnesota's famed walleye fishing.

When you add the $5 walleye validation to your fishing license, those dollars flow into a dedicated account for walleye stocking activities. For $2 more, the DNR will mail you the actual walleye stamp as a collector's item."

I did pay the extra $2, that's why I said that I paid for it and didn't get it, and I would think that 3 months would be a reasonable amount of time, but who knows.

I think its a great idea but I don't get why they charge $2 to recieve the stamp? You are already making a voluntary donation, just give us a stamp. I can see in other cases, example duck and pheasant to keep from raising the price but this is pathetic IMO. When do you think this will be mandated for all of walleye fishing????

my guess as to why the dnr charges the 2 dollars for the stamp is to cover the cost of production of the stamp and shipping. i know in todays economy its tough sometimes to spend the extra $5 plus the $2 for the stamp. i didn't get the stamp but i will spend the $5 to help our fisherie. i dont know about this years sales but last years was pretty sad. good luck.

The $5 funnels some money into the walleye stocking. I have a hard time believing it costs $2 to actually design, mass produce, and ship a stamp, but that's what it is.

I think the system is fine the way it is, but I do agree that everything is SLOW SLOW SLOW.

I applied for a submerged vegitation chemical application permit (to treat an invasive plant) in March. The check was cashed in 4 days but it took close to 3 months to receive the actual permit. I will be applying Jan 1st next year...

I paid the fine and said forget about the stamp.

I would guess it costs $2 extra if you want the stamp. If they sold it for $5 delivered, I do not believe there would be much left for the walleye.

My $5 may partly go to staff and such but a few bucks will get to the eyes.

I believe the pheasant stamp is the same program as I have never recieved one due to the fact I do not pay to have it delivered.

I bought it, paid the $7, and what do u know I RECIEVED it!!! What the heck huh? So did my girlfriend! Come on Snowman really? You cant afford $7? Your on this site so you have a computer. Im also guessing you have atleast a boat worth $10,000 prolly full of fenwick and g loomis rods too! Not to mention the three tackle boxes plump full of tackle and a $20,000 truck to pull it! Dont you want your kids and grandkids to catch some fish down the road too? All I have to say is WOW!