• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GoPro Helmet Cam

Dave S

I just picked up a GoPro Helmet Cam for the ride tomorrow. Hopefully the road is in good shape with some good scenery to boot. Everything about this cam (non-HD model) looks to be pretty straight forward. The dealership gave me a good deal on it....or so I think.

I'll try too get some videos put up and a write up of my experience once I figure it out.

I need to work on the video a little. It's 39 minutes and 1.35GB. Sorry to say there was no knee draggin' with the Mrs. on the back. frown

A couple things I can say about the vid before I do some editing is the fps (frames per second) is evident at only 30 fps. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate the roads a 5 on down to a 4. There's a lot of maintenance that needs to be done.

I also had the camera mounted on the fairing. Had I mounted it on my helmet, the vibration might have been significantly less.

I managed to get some footage and did a little editing, but darn it anyhow, it bogged down my computer so bad that it's almost inoperable. I waited for over an hour to upload a 4 minute clip to find out it didn't save. mad

10.002 seconds @ 135MPH <---Onboard GoPro Video

Sadly, I redlighted to the guy by .002 seconds for the 2nd time in a row!

Too much clutch and not enough throttle. However, the gearing needs a dramatic change and that will straighten the launches out. If you listen closely, the bike lit the tire hard once it just got past the tree in 1st gear. A quick shift to 2nd gear and it went into warp drive.