• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

heading to washington island, july 31 till august 4. new to the area . looking for fishing reports there and any advice on tackle,fishing hours, night life,resturants. thanks for any help.

They are doing well around the island right now with some quality fish being caught. Moonshine glow spoons are good at lowlight, black and gold proking mag spoon, pink alewife, bloody nose, happy meal moonshine spoon and monkey puke have been taking fish, flasher fly bite is good off both riggers and dypsies with aqua and green flies on 18-22" leads behind either a pearl glow or green cracked ice flasher. Sunny days bring out the chrome flasher. We fished the dishes(large satellite dishes on the gap side of the island and further up the shore with good succes last year and it sounds like the same area is holding fish right now. Some really nice deep breaking points in the area as well. Not much for night life, a couple small bars but we typically hit the hay early to get out by 345-4 a.m. We did well early a.m. and late evening last year. Pearl and wonderbread j-plugs size 4 were good last year so you may want to throw one of those in the spread as well.

Tunrevir~

thanks for all the info!! our rods are set with 15 lbs line from lake superior, is that heavy enought for lake michigan?

15 pound is heavy enough but you will have to play out those bigger fish for awhile. I typically run 20# mono and 30# powerpro on all my rods. There is always potential for 20+ pound fish out there. Good luck.

Tunrevir~

Good to hear a positive report. I'm heading out there on Friday for a few days.

we are heading out friday also, staying at jacks. our first time to the area. looking so forward to this. thanks for all the info, been a big help. think we will boost the lines to 20 lbs, have some young kids and few new to fishing. what channel do people use there to share info?

Meeting my folks and some friends there so I don't recall the channel most use. We're not at Jacks but use his harbor for the boats.

Forgot to add that we did well with pearl and wonderbread J-plugs in sizes #3&4 last year as well as glow ghost in #4.

Tunrevir~

Well I just got back and the fishing was slow for us with a couple of boats having goods days and tough days. The best lures for us were any glow spoon with green on it during low light situations. During sunny conditions we did well on spoons in Kevorkian, monkey puke, kalidescope,(rainbow), bubblegum and monica. We did best on the magnum size. Had decent action on green flies 20-22" behind a chartruese flasher or cracked green spin doctor. We didn't have any action on j-plugs but other boats did. Seemed most bpats we talked to had most luck dragging spoons.

Lots of warm water in the areas we were able to get to with the weather and our smaller boats. Find the pockets of cold water and there seemed to be at least a few fish around. It was weird that we rarely caught fish around the big balls of bait but rather 200-300 yards away from it.

My biggest was a fat 17 lber. My mom caught one that when 17 1/2 lbs. Many of our fish ran between 12-14 lbs.